Ilona
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 questions, we played though RotR and now we're getting ready to start with WotR.

When a villian has more then one check on it that you need to defeat.. we played that someone on the same location can do one of the checks. as atleast one check is done with the character that encountered him. Is this allowed, can't find it back in any of the rulebooks.

We also played that when an location deck was empty the location was automatically closed, but I'm not sure about that anymore after reading the rulebook of WotR. Do you always need to complete the check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
missiloon wrote:
I have 2 questions, we played though RotR and now we're getting ready to start with WotR.

When a villian has more then one check on it that you need to defeat.. we played that someone on the same location can do one of the checks. as atleast one check is done with the character that encountered him. Is this allowed, can't find it back in any of the rulebooks.

Yes, that is allowed.

WotR Rulebook p12 wrote:
Only the character who encounters the card may attempt the check, save for one exception: if a card requires sequential checks, the character who encountered the card must attempt at least one of the checks, but other checks may each be attempted by any one character at the same location. While you are attempting a check against such a card that you did not encounter, powers that would apply to the character who encountered it apply to you instead.

missiloon wrote:
We also played that when an location deck was empty the location was automatically closed, but I'm not sure about that anymore after reading the rulebook of WotR. Do you always need to complete the check?

If the location is empty, your are allowed to attempt to close it as part of your turn (near the end). But you still need to succeed at the closing requirement.

WotR Rulebook p32 wrote:
Turn Overview
Advance the blessings deck.
Give a card to another character at the same location (optional).
Move to another location (optional).
Explore the top card of the location deck (optional).
Try to close a location if it doesn’t have any cards (optional).
End your turn—apply end-of-turn effects, expend mythic charges in excess of the scenario’s adventure deck number, then reset your hand by first discarding any number of cards then discarding down to or drawing up to your hand size.

WotR Rulebook p9 wrote:
Close a Location: If your character is at a location that has no cards remaining and has not been closed, you may make one attempt to close it at this time (see Closing a Location on page 15).

The only way to close a location without succeeding at that requirement is by defeating the villain or by one of the few henchman that say you automatically close the location (you will see some of them on WotR).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilona
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thnx for your quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François V.
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
missiloon wrote:

As Hawk said.
I would add that even in RoR you had to close when the deck was empty, it never was automatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.