10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: London board gaming event in September rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john john
msg tools
Hello one and all!

I thought I would head over here to let all those in London, but everyone is very much welcome, know that we are holding a board game event in the Doodle Bar ( a fantastic venue in Battersea) throughout September.

The first event is on Sunday 06 Sept and every subsequent Sunday, between 1pm and 6pm and is followed by a cinema club for those interested.

We love board games and thought there just aren't enough places to go and meet like minded people in London so this is where we're at

It's our first go at this and would really love for it to become a weekly slot in your calendar, so any suggestions or help volunteered is most welcome. We have a good selection of games but it would be great if you can bring along anything not on our list that you might like to play.

Head over to the website to signup , we need 40 bookings, but there is plenty of space should more come along

Did I say... it's FREE!!

WE have loads of plans for the future but we can only make it happen if the event proves popular, so get in touch, come along and have a great time!

Thanks for reading and we very much hope to see you in September

John Board-London

http://www.board-london.com

http://www.thedoodlebar.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Board-London, in no way connected to London on Board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john john
msg tools
Hi Martin, yes your absolutely right mate and we don't want to compete in any way, just offer an alternative place with a slightly different agenda. London on Board gets booked up soo quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there seems to be an insatiable demand for gaming in London - good luck to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
msg tools
mb
Hi John,

I've added Board London to my website (MeepleMapper)

I'll try to get down one Sunday in Sept, looks like I'm just one bus away from home. I'll also see if anyone from the Croydon Board Gamers fancies a change of pace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting, might come along! Would be cool to add it to meetup.com too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Misson
United Kingdom
Southport
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, Southport is in Lancashire.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Battersea ever meet mid-week?
I'm sometimes in the area wuth work and would welcome the chance to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john john
msg tools
Hi Jason,

Thanks very much mate! What a fantastic site you have!! If you don't mind I'll also add you to our site? Send me a logo if you want one attached.

It would be great if you can come along and the Croydon Board Gamers looks a fun bunch, I'll have to pop down some time in the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john john
msg tools
Hi Hugh,
Would love to see you there!

Good idea to add to meetup.com, We didn't really want to step on LoB's toes as that seems to be their thing, but having quite a few people highlighting that we should prob means its a good idea

If September goes well we wont have to implement bookings at all, the Doodle Bar can handle a large amount of people, but want us to show viability

Hope you can make it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john john
msg tools
Hi Nigel,

I'm not too far from Battersea

I'm out of the country until the 27th Aug but drop me a message here or on our site when you know your going to be around and I'm sure I can rustle up a few players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.