Subject: Dice probability or uneven dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Diaz
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Ever have those skills test with your highest attribute and not roll a single success. I had 8 attack and only needed one more damage so the rumor wouldn't wipe my team and didn't get a single success. I swear This game always reminds me of xcom, Missing that 99% shot that made scream that's bullshit. Haha I bought a dice tower and the Arkham bone dice to make sure I was rolling with dice that are made even but I'm still paranoid that either my dice or my dice tower is made correctly. I'm sure it's just how it is, the dice godsdevil just seem to hate me sometimessoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
I can feel you ...
In my most recent game, I was playing Leo. He tried to solve that "Mysterious Lights"-Rumor (I think that's what it was called), where you can't close Gates, and have to shut down machines by the Mi-Go. Observation 3, but he wouldn't roll a single success for 3 damn rounds! By the time we got that Rumor finally solved, it was too late: Yog-Sothoth awoke shortly after with just 2 Mysteries solved, and devoured the world within the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Diaz
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I can relate to that. The new expansion had a special asset treasure box. Rest and test strength to try and open. My monster fighter had it, four strength and I was like easy, probably will need to rest a few times anyways. I didnt open it the entire game. I rested sonny times and even used focus tokens and still failed it! I can imagen my investigators frustration each time hitting the box a little bit harder with a little bit bigger of a blunt object each time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdiaz28 wrote:
Ever have those skills test with your highest attribute and not roll a single success. I had 8 attack and only needed one more damage so the rumor wouldn't wipe my team and didn't get a single success. I swear This game always reminds me of xcom, Missing that 99% shot that made scream that's bullshit. Haha I bought a dice tower and the Arkham bone dice to make sure I was rolling with dice that are made even but I'm still paranoid that either my dice or my dice tower is made correctly. I'm sure it's just how it is, the dice godsdevil just seem to hate me sometimessoblue

I was playing X-Com this afternoon... and I can really identify with your frustration. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Ithaqua this weekend. One investigator went up against the guy who ambushes you 4 times with 7/8 dice and had one success collectively. Rough times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.