GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Castelli» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to count rock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan (NE2)
msg tools
How do you count the number of rocks in an area? Is it the number of castle spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Landau
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really hoping to find the answer to that question here as well...sigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neroute2 wrote:
How do you count the number of rocks in an area? Is it the number of castle spaces?

No idea either, but I am playing you count the castle spaces. Houserule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rulebook isn't explicit, but does suggest that the castle spaces represent rocks.

Page 5: image at top corner shows examples of all three terrain types noting that each image has 2 resource icons; the scoring example awards 2 rocks for a mountain area showing 2 building locations.

Perhaps more convincing; there are no other distinguishing feature on the mountain tiles... unless a reasonable alternative exists we pretty much have to use castle spaces.

But note that there might be other versions of the rulebook. The PDF available online doesn't match the rulebook included in my copy of the game, and seems to be less specific. (Not sure if all printed rulebooks are the same as mine, though?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.