5 Posts

CapCom Street Fighter Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Arrow Crossover and Rose? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't yet played this game with Street Fighter yet.

For those of you who have (played with hidden cards under the hero), have you changed what Rose does?

If you only allow cards under the hero to be bought when Rose is played, have you tried limiting the card you can buy with Rose to 1, or any number of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Make one pile face up and the other face down under your Superhero. Rose can't buy the Arrowed cards.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I wasn't clear Matt.

If I pick only one of the under the superhero styles (either face-up steet-fighter style or Arrow-style), what is the recommended text for Cammy and Rose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I see. If you throw a single Rose into your Forever Evil mixed with Arrow, Rose should not be able to buy any cards under your Superhero. She should only be able to buy them if you are playing a mix with at least 33% Streetfighter, as that's a game rule when playing that version. She won't work if you just choose Arrow style.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Street Fighter+Arrow multiple times either with all face-up card or all face-down cards.

Some notes:

We felt that Detective Lance wasn't balanced for face-up cards under the hero, so we decided that the effect was an Attack to be in line with Mr. Blank.

We decided that a player's Ultra was immune to effects like Mr. Blank and Detective Lance.

Cammy was left unchanged, as 2 power for 2 cost was fair.

In our games, Rose allows you to buy a card for one less, when you are playing Arrow-Style. Buying cards under the hero is otherwise impossible in Arrow-style.

Naming 'Hyakuretsukyaku' is a pain.

Anyone else have any Street Fighter+Arrow experiences? How are you BGGers playing these together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.