Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the actual game purpose for the large blocks with the leaders' pictures on them? There is a chit for denoting whether a leader is active or not, and whether his card is still in your hand tells you whether his card is available for play or not.

Is it just for aesthetics? Wouldn't a two sided active/inactive block have made more sense than a block and a chit.

Also, is there seems to be a mnemonic chit for just about everything. However, I don't see anything to mark whether D-day or Central Italy have been taken yet.

Still, it looks like a very fun game. Waiting to get it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Also, is there seems to be a mnemonic chit for just about everything. However, I don't see anything to mark whether D-day or Central Italy have been taken yet.

Wouldn't these events be signified by the Front block for that theatre being in, or past, those spaces on the theatre tracks?

Still waiting for my FLGS reserved copy too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
jackalope wrote:

Wouldn't these events be signified by the Front block for that theatre being in, or past, those spaces on the theatre tracks?

Sure, but how do you signify the UK VPs if they reach Central Italy before D-Day (assuming that you're not using the optional VP tracks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
jackalope wrote:

Sure, but how do you signify the UK VPs if they reach Central Italy before D-Day (assuming that you're not using the optional VP tracks).

Put a wooden token on the map, also it is not very hard to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
What is the actual game purpose for the large blocks with the leaders' pictures on them? There is a chit for denoting whether a leader is active or not, and whether his card is still in your hand tells you whether his card is available for play or not.

Is it just for aesthetics? Wouldn't a two sided active/inactive block have made more sense than a block and a chit.

Still, it looks like a very fun game. Waiting to get it on the table.

If you look at the board, there is an active and an inactive location to place the block. Plus they are part of the games ambience. I also gave the players back up markers.

As I stated above, either remember it or place a wooden token on the board in that location if someone wins the race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough extra blocks to use for things like this. I was also thinking of the Truman varying strength - just put a block on him if he fails the roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost Roosevelt very-very early in my current solo game so I really needed this! 2.1cm square at 72 dpi but will look better at 300 dpi. So I’ll give it another try later in the week. But the effect is cool.

Btw I don’t place my leader blocks on the board. I sit the leader cards in front of me next to their staff decks. When a leader activates, I place his block on the card as a mnemonic. Ditto any “no activate but can debate” markers and “conference win” chits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.