Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Kaminsky
United States
Matawan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This kickstarter project looks real cool. Made from MDF, you can paint it to your liking for your own personal taste and with a fully adjustable interior you can protect any tournament build (or builds) with the exception of Borg. There's still 13 days left to get in. I went in for the transport solution with an extra ship tray and some dashboards.

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/695455704/tournament-an...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Honestly this is better for X-wing then Star Trek or DnD attack wing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
daniels072000 wrote:

How would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look bad, but I have no need of them myself. I've already spent a pretty penny on carrying cases from KR Multicase for my X-Wing stuff, and they work really, really well, especially since they were specifically cut to fit X-Wing minis.

I suppose this kickstarter might be good though for new players to these games who haven't already put money towards other storage/transport options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can vouch for the usefulness of a tray, having everything together to quickly move from one table to another at tournaments has been super convenient. This has plenty of room for ships and tokens but cards are less accounted for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano boxes and hero trays for me.

http://www.herotrays.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mike_sten wrote:
daniels072000 wrote:

How would that be?

Star trek has too many ships, the box is mainly meant for just bringing your stuff for a tournament. It definantly not meant to store your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:
mike_sten wrote:
daniels072000 wrote:

How would that be?

Star trek has too many ships, the box is mainly meant for just bringing your stuff for a tournament. It definantly not meant to store your collection.

I don't think those boxes were meant to store collections for either ST or SW. Slave I and the Millenium Falcon are both pretty large. And, while I don't play X Wing myself, I'm pretty sure that most people will want to get at least 2 of each ship and very often end up getting more than that.

This box looks like its a carrying case for the fleet you are using at that day's tournament. Its nice. Kind of reminds me of the Broken Token board game box inserts. But at the end of the day, the plano box that I use works fine and costs much less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
daniels072000 wrote:
mike_sten wrote:
daniels072000 wrote:

How would that be?

That clarifies, thanks. I'm looking more for a solution to help get organized at tournaments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Community input please: between this kickstarter and herotrays, which would you recommend? Or other solution not yet considered.

Please provide pros/cons to be weighed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mike_sten wrote:
Community input please: between this kickstarter and herotrays, which would you recommend? Or other solution not yet considered.

Please provide pros/cons to be weighed

Depends on what you want to do? I would recommend the kick starter since it can hold all your tournament things and a few fleets. it basically comes with the herotray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
War Mage Games
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi, I am Nils from WarMage Games that do the current KS for the Tray and Transport solution.

As some people mentioned, the system is not meant to hold all ships that you may own, but to take everything you need to a tournament / game venue and easily set up. With the Tournament Tray, you can also easily move your ships and templates from table to table.

Difference to herotrays: I just had a look at them, they are quite different.
Our tournament tray not only holds the ships (and more of them), but also keeps the templates nicely organized in the second tray that comes with it.

Ours have a non-slip foam padding under the template tray, and there are hand grips and boxes available.

There are 2 layouts of the tray available, for either 3 large / 10 small or 2 large / 14 small ships.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sten
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For OPs, I just transport everything using the box the starter set came in. I've put some clear plastic across the opening so that nothing falls out, and then the place the maneuver templates, tokens, ships, cards and dice. A few zip bags mean that everything stays nicely sorted, and it's pretty easy to move around from table to table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.