6 Posts

Arctic Scavengers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sniper vs. Sniper (in a 2 Player Skirmish) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rogue Wolf
msg tools
Hi,

tl;dr: Is there any point in sniping the initiator's Sniper Team in a two-player skirmish?

Please could someone confirm that the following rule...

Quote:
Can a sniper/saboteur played during the skirmish be countered with another sniper?
Yes, although each player in turn order (beginning with the initiator) only gets one opportunity to activate their snipers/saboteurs, which are implemented immediately upon activation.

... does not mean that, in a two-player game, the 'non-initiator' player can cancel (counter) the initiator player's sniper kill?

I understand it to mean that a player later in the order can use his sniper to kill an earlier player's sniper – for the purposes of reducing tribe member count when breaking ties?

If that is the case, I assume that in a two-player game there is no point in the non-initiator sniping the initiator's sniper, as tribe counts are ignored for the purposes of resolving skirmish ties in two-player games?

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueWolf wrote:
Hi,

tl;dr: Is there any point in sniping the initiator's Sniper Team in a two-player skirmish?

Please could someone confirm that the following rule...

Quote:
Can a sniper/saboteur played during the skirmish be countered with another sniper?
Yes, although each player in turn order (beginning with the initiator) only gets one opportunity to activate their snipers/saboteurs, which are implemented immediately upon activation.

... does not mean that, in a two-player game, the 'non-initiator' player can cancel (counter) the initiator player's sniper kill?

I understand it to mean that a player later in the order can use his sniper to kill an earlier player's sniper – for the purposes of reducing tribe member count when breaking ties?

If that is the case, I assume that in a two-player game there is no point in the non-initiator sniping the initiator's sniper, as tribe counts are ignored for the purposes of resolving skirmish ties in two-player games?

Many thanks!

There is no countering. After both players reveal their Skirmish cards, in turn order (initiator first) you either perform a snipe attack or not. The effect is immediate.

There's not much point sniping a sniper, because they don't have any fight points to benefit a 2 player game. If each of you have a sniper, snipe someone more worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Wolf
msg tools
Excellent; that's how I understood it. Thanks for confirming that for me.

It's a shame they used the word 'countered' in that particular FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then again, the initiator could be in a situation where he benefits from sniping the other sniper. Just to prevent the other teams sniper from sniping a tribe member on the initiators team, who is worth a fair amount of fight points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hogan
msg tools
Quote:

There's not much point sniping a sniper, because they don't have any fight points to benefit a 2 player game. If each of you have a sniper, snipe someone more worthwhile.

That's not true. If my biggest unit is bigger than your biggest unit, I'm sniping your sniper so you don't snipe my largest unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazorfist wrote:
Quote:

That's not true. If my biggest unit is bigger than your biggest unit, I'm sniping your sniper so you don't snipe my largest unit.

Please see post above yours.

Not if my snipers are up first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.