GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,482 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: New version from Portal? What was announced at GenCon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over in another thread I saw some talk that Ignacy announced that Portal will be releasing RC. Please help me fill in the blanks. I assume this means that Portal has (or is getting) the rights back from ZMan for NA.

Questions are:

1) Any changes planned? (deluxe resources included, promos etc.)

2) Compatibility of future expansions? Will there be a problem with future card sizes/weights like there currently is with Portal promos?

Anyone in the know that wants to share?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Merry Christmas!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love more info, too. Rolling Dice & Taking Names tweeted about it from GenCon:

"Robinson Crusoe coming back to Portal Games! New packaging, rules and components"

https://twitter.com/DiceAndNames/status/626904061250523136

That's all I know. Excited for more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed---thanks for the heads up.

I'll buy a reprint of this, it's one of my favorite games, but I need to know more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Portal is not working with ZMan anymore, they're releasing it ourselves. I would guess it's what we have in PL as "Game of the year" edition. Did ZMan version have the banana tokens, pawn stickers etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine did not come with bananas or stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ignacy said in one of Portal vlogs that Z-Man licence expires next year and that they are now big enough company to release it themselves.
Looks like I'll have to find a way to trade in my Z-man copy for that, when it comes closer. I still want to get some playtime out of this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, I havn't even finished the first scenario and also have yet to play the Beagle expansion. Also, my MeepleSource meeples and promos will arrive later this year. Didn't see this coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will they rerelease the Beagle expansion for the new version, I wonder? Thanks for the info, keep it coming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garysax wrote:
Will they rerelease the Beagle expansion for the new version, I wonder? Thanks for the info, keep it coming...

He mentioned a second expansion coming in 2016 or 2017.
But if they also re-release Beagle Vol.1 I would love to have all of my game made by Portal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^Yeah, definitely interested to hear about compatibility/expansions, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly hope it's compatible! I don't want to have to get everything all over again! I just got the game + expansion! But I did get the upgrade/promo pack from the Portal Games site as well, so maybe that will make them equivalent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
milenaguberinic wrote:
I certainly hope it's compatible! I don't want to have to get everything all over again! I just got the game + expansion! But I did get the upgrade/promo pack from the Portal Games site as well, so maybe that will make them equivalent...

Me too - and I tend to think that the Portal promo pack makes Z-man similar to the "game of the year" edition they consider it at Portal - banana, wood, pelt, and bread "cubes"; stickers; etc. Which I do really like.

Besides hoping for a rules update, I don't really need all my stuff to be Portal. I do on the other hand want to add-in the Cthulhu expansion when it comes out in 2016 - even if I have to sleeve to mix card manufacturers...

OSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as others have said, I really hope Portal keeps all the Zman version owners in mind when publishing subsequent expansions. I have purchased everything available so far and it would be a bummer to have compatibility issues.

On the other hand, it's nice to see continued support for this amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Portal edition will be compatible (size of cards etc). We never leave and never will leave fans behind.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ignacy, can you give us an approximate date of when the new version will be available? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Portal edition will be compatible (size of cards etc). We never leave and never will leave fans behind.

YAY!!!!

THANK YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

Awesome, thanks! I'll just pick up the expansion now then and perhaps upgrade to the reprint later---should we expect it will have like the Portal Games upgrade pack type stuff in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Randolph
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

Will there be anything new, besides rules, that we can't already get on the portal site because I was debating getting a lot of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
We have no date scheduled.
We will leave no fans behind, there will be upgrade pack offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmmm.... that's unfortunate. So do I buy now or wait without knowing an approximate release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Thanks!
We have no date scheduled.
We will leave no fans behind, there will be upgrade pack offer.

Ignacy, apologies for even expressing the concern. Thank you for your responsiveness and, of course, for creating this groundbreaking storytelling game.

You are every bit the kind soul and gentleman Rob and Allen from Gen Con say you are. Now what was a gentleman doing at an American football game exactly...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
To those on the fence about buying Z-man now or waiting for the Portal version:

BUY NOW! Just think of the missed sessions you won't get to experience while you wait!

The game is great. And like a fine wine, it gets better with time. You learn the intricacies of mitigating the island woes, you get surprised when new cards and combos come up, you just plain have a good time. Why put that off? Just so all your card backs are the exact shade of beige?

OSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a french version from Portal as well? Or is it still published by Filosofia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news. Hopefully they can do some deep thinking about the iconography to clear up so many confusing newbie questions about whether resources are required or consumed for an action, or which things can be used multiple times, and at what time in the round. I believe I am finally over the learning mountain, but it took me many games of reading the FAQ to get to that stage.

Can't wait to see what they've cooked up in their pot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I just ordered the Zman version which will be delivered today. Should I return it and wait for the rerelease by portal? It seems like there will be some fundamental changes, or would an upgrade pack fix this? Also I'm not sure if the above replies the portal card sizes of the rerelease will be compatible with the current zman sizes, or not?

Edit: it seems there are clear answers to my questions already that I read over, and it seems like there will be an upgrade pack to match current release to the release and the card sizes will be compatible.
Regards, M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.