Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! Another week in the books and as the weekend ends and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past week of gaming exploits.

So, all you gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of gaming greatness over the past week, as you pop in here to answer the question:

What did you play over the past week?

Check out the subscription thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320

The Geeklist version can be found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/194653/what-did-you-play-...

Also, don't forget to relive all your Video Game excitement over on VGG!

https://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/194572/3-august-9-august-...

Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A short week of gaming with only 2 games played and they were all played on Sunday. Seems our July wanted to go out in a whimper instead of a bang due to just being busy busy busy.

First up we got our first 3 plays of GemPacked Cards, the upcoming game from Eduardo Baraf and Pencil First Games, LLC. I won't say too much here as I do expect to have a preview out in the next week or so ahead of this one hitting Kickstarter. It worked really well at 2 and 3 players, need to play it at 4 and 5 now.

Lastly Kerensa and I finally sat down and tackled Rococo and absolutely loved it. I give it the go over on the podcast if you want to hear more, but I hope to play again soon.

Have a great week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
x2 King of Tokyo
x1 Libertalia
x2 Roll For It! - New to me, and as a filler game was much more fun than I anticipated.
x2 Small World - This game always seems to be a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually wrote this up last night in preparation! Coming down off the Gencon high. Packing up to head back home right now.

Shadows Over Westminster x1 (This felt a bit lackluster. It was okay, but I'm not sure it really brought anything unique to the co-op game field.)

Sangoku x1 (Problems: The poor guy teaching this game was thrown into it completely unprepared and clueless. The rulebook needs work. And one of the folks we were playing with was sooooooooooooo slow for what I feel should be a quick, snappy sort of filler game. That said, while the game could stand for a bit more development, I still feel like it has potential to be a really neat game centered around poker-hands. And the art and graphic design are great.)

Revolution
x1

Consequential
x1 (App based game. The game has some neat ideas, making each player the "leader" during one round of the game and having the choices you make on the app create a sort o "legacy" effect on the game/story over 16 episodes. We had fun playing it, but the demo was a super simplified version of what the final product is supposed to be so I'm really going to have to wait and see on this one. Potential is there, but final execution will be important.)

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork
x1

Deus x1 (Was playing with some pretty hardcore competitive dudes and I won despite thinking I was playing horribly. So that was pretty cool.)

Peasant Buffet x2 (I don't know why, but I love this game. It's so silly and fast. I think I just like a press your luck game that has zero dice.)

Love Letter: Batman x4

Marvel Legendary x1 (Spiderman, X-Factor Wolverine, Cable, Black Widow, Angel vs. Mephisto with the X-ecutioner's Song scheme.)

Fallen x3 (Loooooooove this game and I don't really know why. It has some weird thematic disconnections but we just have so much fun playing it.)

Steam Park x1

12 Days x1

Bedlam
x1

Elysium x1

Mission: Red Planet
x1 (New version from Fantasy Flight. Wow....wow this is an amazing reprint. Just gorgeous and fantastic in every way.)

Tragedy Looper
x2

Mysterium x1 (Also blown away by this production. Just knocked it out of the park.)

Gem x 1 from Pack-o-Games

Shh x1 from Pack-o-Games

I think that's everything!

GenCon Haul:

Awesome consignment deals:
Pillars of the Earth
Kingdom Builder
Vegas Showdown
Wizard's Brew
The Adventurers
Deadwood
Tricks or Treats
Empires of the Void
2 Nightfall expansions
Quarriors expansion

New Buys:
New edition of Caylus!
Mysterium
Viceroy
Mission: Red Planet
Medieval Academy
Isle of Skye
Star Trek: 5 year Mission
The Grizzled
Four Taverns
Graveyards, Ghosts, and Haunted Mansions
Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn
XCOM
X Marks the Spot (free game)
Last Will + Getting Sacked Expansion
Frank's Zoo
Elysium
Ryu
Stockpile
Artifacts, Inc.
Five Tribes Expansion
Takenoko Chibis expansion

Gonna be a busy rest of the summer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inching towards the 2000 plays milestone. Possibly next week or the week after???

Monday
1x - Aquasphere - mb
1x - Monopoly

Tuesday
1x - LotR:TCG - mb

Friday
2x - Rummikub

Saturday
6x - Deep Sea Adventure

meeple Keep playing...

BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2015 List at 60/100
15 Games BK Wants to Play in 2015 at 4/15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12 x Onirim (second edition) (Picked this game up on Thursday and has become my solution to the problem of no one wanting to play games)
1 x Ultimate Werewolf: Inquisition (I enjoyed this version more than the One Night version, seemed like more of a 'boardgame' but both were fun)
2 x One Night Ultimate Werewolf (I believe this was the version?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Met up with some good friends in Cincinnati and played Endeavor x 2 and Roll for the Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also not that much gaming this past week, only Wednesday and Sunday.

Wednesday
Again, Sushi Go!. Then Pyramid of Pengqueen, a very nice hidden movement game. And finally, Mangrovia. Lost all of them.

Sunday
We played a game of Cthulhu Wars. It is slowly becoming my most favorite game ever. I deffinitely don't regret spending the money on this and I can't wait for the September Onslaught 2 to buy all the expansions...And it has nothing to do with the fact that this time, I actually won devil .

We also played Kaosball: The Fantasy Sport of Total Domination, which we didn't like very much since tackling is a very easy way to destroy anyone and after few rounds, no one basically did anything other than tackling each other.

We ended the night with Sushi Go! and Sitting Ducks Gallery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor x 4
Quantum x 2
Red7 x 2
Container x 1
Viticulture x 1
One Night Ultimate Werewolf x 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rare gaming during the week:
Dead Of Winter
... won't last as I'm taking classes during that time slot, but at least it still gets us away from the computer

Sat.
Splendor
Battle Merchants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
La Granja x 1
The Resistance: Avalon x 4
Carcassonne x 1
Kingdom Builder x 1
Citadels x 1
Pandemic x 1
Red7 x 1
A Fake Artist Goes to New York x 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday
1 x Battle Cry: 150th Civil War Anniversary Edition (Battle of Chickamauga)
1 x Heroes of Normandie (Commonwealth mortar teams claim victory over the Jerry's)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters: Battle for Faerûn many, many times...
2x Race for the Galaxy
1x Struggle for the Galactic Empire
1x Magic Realm
1x Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday
1x Star Trek: Attack Wing (3 Player)

Saturday
1x Euangelion
1x Shadowrift with Shadowrift: Archfiends
1x Eldritch Horror with Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore, Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness and Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
my shoes are laced with irony
mbmbmbmbmb
Camel Up x1
Glen More x2
Machi Koro x1
No Thanks! x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hexagonal Crank
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wed. July 29th at the Stettler Recreation Center in Stettler, Alberta:

We had our largest group yet for our open game night - 7 people. I taught the two new people Coup and Love Letter while waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Then we played seven person games of Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition) x3, Spyfall x1, and BANG! The Dice Game x3(2 outlaw wins, 1 lawmen win). After things thinned out at the end of the night, we finished off with Sushi Go! x2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Kingsley Frizzera
Italy
Trento
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Few games , but good ones on sunday afternoon:

1x Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
1x Ticket to Ride: Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wednesday
4x Zombie Dice

Friday
1x Five Tribes + Five Tribes: The Artisans of Naqala
1x RYŪ
1x World Championship Russian Roulette
5x One Night Ultimate Werewolf + One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak + One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Bonus Pack 1

Saturday
1x Concept
1x Chaosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This week was a light week due to most of my gaming group being at GenCon.

Tuesday:

Flip City x1 (2p, Loss x1): I decided to get opaque sleeves for this game to help with the "shuffle-challenged" and it works pretty well. That being said, I still have not been able to achieve the alternate victory condition before my opponent finishes the game.

Dark Moon x1 (5p,Infected Loss x1): There is a bit of meta-gaming karma here as people I play with decided that I was an infected real early. I mean, I was. But their suspicion was purely based off that I play these bluffing games way too much. Anyways, I calculated my betrayal in response to their accusations. So that I managed to sabotage their task effort two turns before my turn, and was all set for the reveal. The uninfected player couldn't vote me into quarantine because the vote action was disabled. But as I gloat, the player before me managed to draw the one task card that mandated a quarantine vote.... Pride before the Fall I guess.

Roll for the Galaxy x2 (3p, Win x1, Loss x1): Due to some lucky tile draws I was sailing through the second game for my very first RftG victory. But no doubt my terrible skill and luck at this game will return.

Thursday:

Eminent Domain: Microcosm x2 (Loss x2): I claim I lose most of my teaching games. And though I wasn't sure that I managed to convey the rules and strategy of this game to my opponent. That they won twice against me must mean I am teaching pretty well? Sigh, most likely it's just that I am terrible.

Steam Torpedo: First Contact x1 (Win x1): I didn't think this game went well with my opponent. This is the second time I brought out this game, and both times it got pretty luke warm reception.

Nations: The Dice Game x1 (3p, Loss x1): I want to like this game. But it really feels like there is only a single way to victory. And that is build wonders. I think this one is going to my "To Trade" list.

Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension x1 (2p, Loss x1): Finished up the night by showing a new player this game. He seems to really like it. It always feels good introducing a enjoyable game to people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Williams
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MON:
Baseball Highlights: 2045 (SOLO)

TUE:
Merchant of Venus (second edition)

WED:
Baseball Highlights: 2045
Kobayakawa
Samurai Spirit

THU:
Trains

FRI:
Mystery Rummy: Escape from Alcatraz

SAT:
NONE

SUN:
King's Vineyard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With the kids:
8x Battling Bones

2x Spot It

1x Dead Men Tell No Tales!

With the Spouse:
1x Love Letter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wednesday:

Kingdom Builder (x3)
Machi Koro

Saturday:

Kingdom Builder
Biblios Dice
Elysium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, not a bad week at all

On Monday, GF and I played our second and third games of Race for the Galaxy. Nice to see that, after a long first game the day before, with a lot of rulebook referencing, we got in two rather quick games. This game is promising to become better and better

Tuesday, we first played a game of Ticket to Ride: Europe with the India map from Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 – India & Switzerland. My GF beat me for the first time! And I'm actually happy for her, since I tend to win more than my fair share. After that, a nice game of Patchwork, where I finally beat her again, as she usually wins that one.

On Wednesday, no gaming. But I guess I can't complain

On Thursday, she didn't feel like playing anything big, so we played a game of Love Letter. Not the greatest two-player game around, but we had fun (even though she beat me...!) After that we had a quick round of Guillotine, which I won for the first time by grabbing a lead and pushing to end the game.
We then played Sushi Go!, which also isn't all that great with two. Still fun, though, and I forgot who won.
After that, I improvised a two-player variant of Win, Lose, or Banana by dealing both of us a 'Win!' card, yelling 'EVERYONE'S A WINNER!' and quickly putting the game away before she started poking me
And we finished with a quick play of Hey, That's My Fish! on my phone.

On Friday, it was Twilight Struggle time. It was a pretty tense game, but we both got tired and I ended up winning in the last Mid-war turn. Fifth play, and I really love that game

Saturday, we went to my parents' place to try out Eclipse with my brother. I'm in awe at how wonderfully elegant and smooth that game is! The full game, including rules explanation, took 4.5 hours, but none of us really wanted it to finish already. I'm glad I watched Rahdo's run-through and extended play videos, because that, combined with reading the rule book cover to cover, made explaining the game before I had my own first play in a breeze I won by tie-breaker, MUAHAHAHA!

On Sunday, we played a game of Ticket to Ride on her laptop, which I won by a four-point margin. She grabbed (and completed) a ton of tickets, while I went for long routes and longest route. If I hadn't pushed for the end and given her one more round, she would've won. She only needed one more card to finish her last ticket and there was a locomotive lying around
After I had finished installing all my stuff on her iPad (she's leaving for an internship in China in a month and won't be bringing it), I started Hey, That's My Fish! and passed her the iPad. She agreed to play and fun was had
After that we played one more game of Race for the Galaxy, where she beat me, and went to watch Firefly before hitting the hay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Short list.

10 Days in Africa
Lanterns: The Harvest Festival
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Tuesday

Quarto x4 (online)

Slow week. Likely another one coming up. I was so busy, I couldn't even do GenCant, let alone my original hope of Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.