1 Posts

The Battle of the Little Big Horn» Forums » General

Subject: A Custer Quandry? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
Just played this game for the first time the other night and had this question come up:

Question 1: The rules state that Custer is allowed two shots (at the same or different opponents).
Later in the same paragraph it mentions that (other than Custer), the men may "reply" once.
My assumption is that based on the other rules regarding battle (along with the syntax), it is substituting "reply" for "return fire" (in Custer's case this equals two shots/bullets).

Situation 1: Custer is within range of, and being attacked by three Indian warriors. My interpretation of the rules is that:
He can return fire (2 shots) at one Indian OR he can return fire (1 shot) at two different Indians? Thus leaving him defenseless for the third Indian?
Am I correct in stating that He wouldn't be able to "reply" or fire back twice for all three attacking opponents (6 total shots)?
I think the one instance where the word "reply" was inserted for "fire back" is the contention that we both had.

Question 2: If Custer is attacked and the Indian rolls a 5 (retreat) and he rolls a 1 on his first die, does he first retreat...and then return fire a second time (if within range at that point)- or does he roll both dice and take the higher of the two?

Extra question: We were rolling both dice at the same time and one time we both rolled a 6. We played it like the rules for a 4 or a 5 (no action taken.) Afterwards, we looked at the rule and it says that when either player rolls a 6 the opponent is immediately eliminated. So my interpretation is that the attacker's die roll prevails (technically it's the first roll)? I suppose we could just roll one at a time to circumvent this issue, but it speeds up the game somewhat (since the dice are different colors after all)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.