GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,451 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fighting Trolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, the one thing unclear to me are the Troll battles. If multiple players are fighting the Troll, in what order do they battle? Player order or order placed? Does damage to the Troll carry over? The rules seen to indicate the battle is not simultaneous, but provide no other guidance that I could find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe only 1 player can fight the troll. There's only one spot for a meeple. And if that player fails the fight everyone gets a shame token. All battles are simultaneous so its possible to win and lose all your dice. If you do win, you can give one of your shame tokens to another player. At least that's how I interpreted the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brody Lipperman
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
D6 Desparados
mb
Only 1 player fights the troll, and he/she assigns as many warriors (dice) as they want (up to their own total dice count of course). As David said above, the results end up with somebody or everybody getting a shame token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are right, I had gotten the Troll space mixed up with the hunting grounds right by it (just glanced at board) and the rulebook talked about a player "contributing to the fight with the Troll" so my mind ran with it. Thanks, makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.