Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Mann
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this at Gencon and I was wondering, what does the "Heave" ability do? It's listed in the solo reference as a character action but there's no explanation of what it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question.

While Heave may be a skill for the Champions, it is not an official ability. The description for what happens with 'Heave' follows the word. Also, in this context, we use the word 'Hurl'. While 'Hurl' is an ability for the Brawler in TLC, we use this word as a description. We could have used: hurl, toss, throw, flip, chuck, etc... The word Hurl fits better to the theme and works better than: lace, set, move, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heave is listed on the Solo Trials for the Xanadu champions, and I have no idea what it does.

Does Aria just pick up a unit next to him (so they occupy the same space), end of story?

I can't find an excuse explanation anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
Heave is listed on the Solo Trials for the Xanadu champions, and I have no idea what it does.

Does Aria just pick up a unit next to him (so they occupy the same space), end of story?

How I've been playing it...pretty sure it is correct. When the "Heave" is used from the dice roll (black "H") of the Xanadu Champion if he is adjacent to one or more opposing units on an Arena Hex he will "Heave" the strongest character up and "overhead" meaning lifting the unit directly up and over landing in the hex behind the heaving unit outward and away from the Arena Hexes. If there is no space open or available to heave into it does not happen.

This could be used effectively to move characters off of the stones in Xanadu and throw them out to the arena wall away from the stones. If you also rolled a blue "H" for the Area Knockback and your unit is pinned against the arena wall after being heaved and cannot be pushed away another hex it'll be crushed against the wall and suffer 2 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReddWolf wrote:
Bullwinkle wrote:

How I've been playing it...pretty sure it is correct. When the "Heave" is used from the dice roll (black "H") of the Xanadu Champion if he is adjacent to one or more opposing units on an Arena Hex he will "Heave" the strongest character up and "overhead" meaning lifting the unit directly up and over landing in the hex behind the heaving unit outward and away from the Arena Hexes. If there is no space open or available to heave into it does not happen.

This could be used effectively to move characters off of the stones in Xanadu and throw them out to the arena wall away from the stones. If you also rolled a blue "H" for the Area Knockback and your unit is pinned against the arena wall after being heaved and cannot be pushed away another hex it'll be crushed against the wall and suffer 2 damage.

This certainly makes sense. I wish there was some clarification in the rules. It's awfully vague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ah, many thanks belatedly for this thread, rereading the text it makes sense now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.