Subject: My Gen Con experience with this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got back from Gen Con and would love to share my experience with this.

I had NONE. I Was part of the Upper Deck debacle on Friday. They cancelled hundreds of players' tickets for games. I had a ticket to learn to play. One hour for $6. It is a bit pricey but I wanted to try it. I had a 2 PM for Bring out Yet Dead and it was cancelled due to over crowding of the Legendary tournament. The guy at the table was very rude and flippant about it. I informed him my friend and I had a 6 PM Predator and wanted to know if that would be cancelled also. He shrugged his shoulders and kept signing cancellations tickets for the line that went out into the hall.

We came back at 6 PM and they announced the rest of the games were cancelled. The hall was half empty and I asked why it was cancelled this time. He was frustrated with me and said "we have to switch the games over from the previous games." There we're about 10 copies of Predator on the tables setup and not being played. Next to the desk a live stream for the tourney was being setup. I asked if it was the reason why and he said yes. I then asked if my game of Firefly: Shiny Dice would be cancelled tomorrow also and he just shrugged and said he didn't know.

Again, another line into the hall had to get tickets refunded. Both times my friend and I went right to customer service for refunds and it got full instantly of people complaining about it.

Upper Dexk cancelled all the "Win A Box" for the entire weekend starting early Friday. They cancelled all events hourly for most of Friday and I am unsure of Saturday. I payed a total of $18 to try three Upper Deck games. I got my money back but I'm frustrated.

They way I see it, it was poorly managed. Poorly. I am just not going to try to play any more of their games. There are plenty out there. I going to choose not to buy them. Period.

Why say this here? I am sure the creators and Upper Deck employees not at Gen Con deserve to know how poorly their games were handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It sucks you had such a bad experience with Upper Deck. Bring Out Yer Dead is a really fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
debiant wrote:
It sucks you had such a bad experience with Upper Deck. Bring Out Yer Dead is a really fun game.

I agree it is super fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shuler
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just hope that people that may have had a similar experience don't rate down this game purely because of what Upper Deck did. They're just the publisher, not the creator, designer, etc. It actually is a pretty fun game and after talking with the creator at Origins, you can see the amount of time and passion that went into it. It would be ridiculous and disappointing to rate the game low because of this incident, thereby hurting the creator and all of the hard work he put into it.

Relax and be rational before rating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.