Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the many people outside America that likes to purchase promotional products direct from the manufacturers I find it quite dissapointing that Upper Deck doesn't allow people willing to pay the outrageous shipping fees the opportunity to purchase there pre order products with promotional cards.

Love your games guys but severely disappointed by your International trade elitism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:
International trade elitism.

What does that mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:
Love your games guys but severely disappointed by your International trade elitism.

I really doubt it's elitism. More likely a logistical issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Morodo
Mexico
Puebla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:

I really doubt it's elitism. More likely a logistical issue.

Still.. is quite frustrating that because of shipping costs and policies that some times one is unable to buy a game let alone get some promos.

And because some people demand that promos or KS stretch goals or pre-orders or whatever have to be exclusive and raise their fist if later on are made available through retailers that accentually can ship international some times is impossible to get promos for games that you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the oversea issue with Marvel Upperdeck was a legal one. Not having Marvel rights outside of North America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
I always thought the oversea issue with Marvel Upperdeck was a legal one. Not having Marvel rights outside of North America.

I'm pretty sure that is correct. Brenzor has said Upper Deck does not have worldwide distribution rights for (Marvel) Legendary due to their licensing terms with Marvel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. I remember when the game first came out the folks in the UK were complaining that they couldn't get it and it was explained that Upper Deck didn't have the legal rights yet to sell the game outside of North America. I suspect that there are similar issues with Secret Wars.

This kind of thing is not uncommon in retail. I remember back about 20 years now there was a book series based on the TV show Doctor Who in the UK that was not available in the US. A fan magazine here in the US put in their monthly issue that they were going to buy several cases of the books and sell them to it's readers. Next month they announced that they couldn't actually do that as the publisher did not own the copyright in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game (and all it's expansion (except Fantastic Four, of course)), is now available in the UK, and elsewhere outside North America, so that issue must have been resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if international news sources mention the massive illegal immigration into the United States, but if they do, then surely you've heard that it's all about the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a distributor has rights to import and sell a product, but Upperdeck can't do it directly as they are the manufacture. That would explain why no direct pre-release from upperdeck overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
Maybe a distributor has rights to import and sell a product, but Upperdeck can't do it directly as they are the manufacture. That would explain why no direct pre-release from upperdeck overseas.

I believe that this is correct. My FLGS has VERY sporadic stock of certain items but they only ever get a couple of copies of certain things and it's probably 2 copies of each thing maybe every 6 months or so. They've also told me it's always a case of "they get it when they can get it" and have even told me that they will almost always get things soon after release but they may not be able to get it again afterwards because there is no solid distribution chain for it.

It's a bit frustrating but you kind of just have to deal with it. It's completely out of your control, so you just try to get hold of things when they pop up and be happy when you eventually do get them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Maybe I'm just buying in to the game at a good time, but (other than the Fantastic Four expansion) it doesn't seem to be any more difficult to get hold of, in the UK, than any other game or expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.