GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,342 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Magic Realm» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Win!. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vaughan Edge
United Kingdom
Cheshire
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Probably more of a boast than a session report. Played this multi player on Saturday using the White Knight and started out hiring the 2 swordsman rogues and the assassin early in the game. Seemed to pay off really well and by the end of week 2 I was well on the way to that elusive win. Sadly it was getting late and had to call it a day.
Set up a solo game today with the White Knight hoping to re try that Rogue strategy. First problem was locating the rogues. Entered the realm through the Nut woods and headed straight for the awful valley just beyond the woods.
Couldn't believe my luck, stumbled right into the valley where the Rogues were holed up. Had to spend a couple of days convincing them it was a good idea to head out into the Forest with me.
Managed to hire the two swords men and the assassin.
Made sure a stayed focused on my victory objectives ( 2 great treasures, 20 fame points and 20 notoriety).
My little posse headed off towards the deep woods. Managed to hide in the undergrowth as a giant stumbled into the clearing. At great risk to himself my assassin rushed the Giant and distracted the dopey lug. This allowed me to creep up behind him and land a fatal blow.
Could probably have tackled him alone but it saved trashing my armour.
Gradually made progress towards the ledges. The rogues proved invaluable dispatching a few nests of giant bats on the way. Think I would have thought twice about continuing on this path with out them.
Seems like it was my lucky day, arrived at the ledges and stumped on the remains of the Lost Castle. My first search roll located the Carns. Got straight to work clearing the stones to find treasure. Apart from potions the best find here was the cloak of mist. Really helped me out later in the game. Further down the ledges there were more signs of the remains of the ramparts of the castle, and the odd glimpse of a huge Dragon.
Had to return to the Guardhouse in the ruins to sell the loot as my contract was about to expire with the rogues.
Stubborn shits, took a couple of days to convince them to carry on with me.
Fast forward to the finale which was an assault on the Dragons Lair. Barring my path there was another Giant. Managed to use the cloak of mist to keep us hidden. Just as we were getting ready to take down the Giant the Dragon turned up leaving the lair unguarded. Choices choices, was tempting to rush the lair and the vault in the same clearing. Seeing as all 4 of us were hidden and my weapon alerted I thought I'd go for glory try my luck at dispatching the tremendous monsters.
Dispatched the Dragon from the veil of mist cloaking us. For a horrible moment I thought the white Knight was spent and was going to be too exhausted to tackle the Giant. The Asassin shot out of the mist and the Giant lumbered after him. Just as the Giant was about to smite the assassin ( but thankfully he missed his swipe with his club) the White Knight plunged his sword home.
The treasure sites were free for looting.
Found 2 more great treasures adding to the scroll of nature I found earlier.
Left the realm on day 27, with a huge boost to my notoriety from the beast pipes. Even with the fame penalty I was still over my fame goal.
Realise I've been playing spell asters to much and it's slowed my understanding of the combat system. Really feel like I've made some steps to understanding team combat. Rogues really helped me out and countered the WKs slowness.
Ended up with 3 great treasures, 26 fame and 76 notoriety. By my reckoning that's a grand old score of 7. 7 whole points over target and my first win in the Realm. Feeling like a pro : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game I won with the dwarf, but did I die a lot along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome report Vaughan, glad you chalked up your first win in the realm. You thoroughly deserve it!.
Fantastic thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.