Subject: Smaller box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Garrison
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up Dark Moon at Gencon. Actually got to play it with Evan running the demo. That was cool. Regret that I didn't buy it till late that day, so couldn't get a signed copy. Really great game!

One thing though, the box is a bit big for the components, mostly the board. Anyone know of a good sized box I could replace it with and maybe just reskin the outside with the Dark Moon art? I already plan to make a foam core insert to hold all of the components, just wanted to get the box down to size first. The board is 9 1/2" square. Though the rulebook is the standard 8 1/2" x 11". I'll probably just keep the PDF on my tablet and leave that in the original box.

If anyone knows of an existing box I could pick up at a craft store or something, that would be great! If it would fit inside the original Dark Moon box when I have it stored at home, bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has room to put in BSG express.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted pictures of the box insert they created to these forums. Looks like it will help keep everything from sliding around.

The other thing I am hoping for is plenty of expansions to fill out the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing I thought of when I get my cop was "why is this box so big??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:
The first thing I thought of when I get my cop was "why is this box so big??

I'm still wondering why the box is only almost square?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
It has room to put in BSG express.

I see what you did there! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Garrison
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, took it to a friend's house to play today everything was just a mess when I arrived. Definitely have to find a better storage method. For now I borrowed some ziplock bags to put the cards and tokens in, so they aren't just thrown all over the box.

I think I'll look for a box of chocolates. If I can get one about 10" square and deep enough for the game board stacked onto a die, that would be a good base for an insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this pre-ordered but haven't physically seen the box yet -- I assume it's the same size as the others in their Castle line (Survive, Space Cadets, Going Going Gone, etc.), correct? I love having a series like this, but the end result is that each game has the potential to end up in a bigger/smaller box than what it might otherwise need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box for Viceroy is the perfect size for the Dark Moon board. Discovered by accident when I packed my bag for last game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only is the box way too big, but it's flimsy. They really cut corners there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.