1 Posts

Formula Dé Mini» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report: Formula De Mini (4 Player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jenkins
United States
flag msg tools
I was introduced to this game by 3 veteran players at our weekly game night. Having been on my wishlist for over a year, I was pumped to try it out.

The rules explanation took around 1 minute, as the game is pure simplicity. I count spaces, look at the different dice available to me, and choose the dice that will most likely result in me landing in the space I want. In the event I don't, I burn off these gold chips as a penalty. Pure genius.

I was trailing by a fair amount going into the end of the first lap, but had used only 1 or 2 Life Tokens. The player who was in the lead had burnt out something like 10 Life Tokens, and was forced to pit. The other players were cursed by some poor die rolling and I was able to catch them coming into the first turn of our second lap. From that point on, I continued to pull away and established a healthy lead going into the final lap.

The game ended with Richard and me sitting side by side in the final turn leading into the straight away. I was within striking distance of the finish line, as was Richard. We were both flying out of the turn in Fifth gear, throwing the 20 sided dice and praying for big numbers. I needed a 14 to win, Richard a 15. I got to roll first, and BAM! 20. Game over I win WOOHOO! Richard took second. Daniel took third and Aaron blew his car out, failing to finish.

A great game, and one that I have now placed firmly on my To Buy list.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.