GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Evolution: Promo Pack I» Forums » General

Subject: Where to buy special traits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocky Pierce
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I see all the kick starter traits the the backers got, but I didn't hear about this until it was too late. I want those traits like sharp teeth, unstable DNA, Quills, pounce, last stand, and all the others. Does anyone know where I can buy these or are any of you tired of the game and want to sell them to me? Thanks.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They will be available on the North Star Games website until supplies last. We haven't settled on the pricing yet, but probably something like $5 a trait.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rpeirce1892 wrote:
I see all the kick starter traits the the backers got, but I didn't hear about this until it was too late. I want those traits like sharp teeth, unstable DNA, Quills, pounce, last stand, and all the others. Does anyone know where I can buy these or are any of you tired of the game and want to sell them to me? Thanks.


https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411098/ks-and-expansion-qu...

According to a NSG rep, we can buy them from their website. (Damn right you want my sharp teeth card)

Edit: damn sniped by the creator, lol.
9 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalma kalma
msg tools
mb
domcrap wrote:
They will be available on the North Star Games website until supplies last. We haven't settled on the pricing yet, but probably something like $5 a trait.

And there will be an option to order outside North America, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kalma wrote:
domcrap wrote:
They will be available on the North Star Games website until supplies last. We haven't settled on the pricing yet, but probably something like $5 a trait.

And there will be an option to order outside North America, right?


Hopefully... As soon as we have time (who knows when that will be) we are going to set up an eBay store so we can ship international. But don't expect it too soon. We're really stretched thin here in the office.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
can i suggest PnP files for the promos, like you have for evolution base game and flight?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brown
msg tools
Darklaw90 wrote:
can i suggest PnP files for the promos, like you have for evolution base game and flight?


Would be a great idea: some KS traits are already sold out and we still can't order them outside North America.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
can i suggest PnP files for the promos, like you have for evolution base game and flight?


The limited edition promo items are just that: limited edition. They are an extra perk for our Kickstarter backers. It's our way of saying thank you for trusting us.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brown
msg tools
You're right but some people can arrive later, not because they didn't trust you but because they didn't know.

And buying them as PnP is better than nothing but, IMHO, far less interesting than buying them already printed and packaged in the box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Jones
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lemmingway wrote:
You're right but some people can arrive later, not because they didn't trust you but because they didn't know.


The trust is a two way street: the backers trust North Star Games to keep the limited edition promos limited. If NSG released a PnP or sold promo packs outside of Kickstarter, they would be breaking those backers' trust:

(NSG = North Star Games, KSB = KickStarter Backers)

NSG: "Hey, as a thank you for trusting in us (with your dollars for a product that doesn't exist yet), we'll give you these limited edition cards that no one else will be able to get."

KSB: "Awesome!" *gives money*

NSG: "Thanks for your money! Oh by the way, we're going to sell the promo packs in our online store now, so any Joe Schmoe can get them."

KSB: :'(
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brown
msg tools
Doc_Jones wrote:
If NSG released a PnP or sold promo packs outside of Kickstarter, they would be breaking those backers' trust


Right but in fact they're already selling some of the items (except the 2 that are soldout) outside KS.

But no problem with all that: I just answered to Darklaw90 proposal as it seemed a good idea to me but the NSG rules are clear and fair.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We place the order for the the limited edition promo cards before the end of the Kickstarter campaign, so we have to estimate how many backer we will have. And we have to estimate a little high to make sure there is enough product for everyone since we won't do another print run. The leftovers are sold on our website and in our convention booths. We make this clear on our Kickstarter campaigns so people know what to expect.

Sign up for our newsletter if you don't want to miss out. We send about 6 emails a year - mostly when we begin a KS campaign or release a new products.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.