H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Or are there many duplicates?

2) Also, I assume there are 33 of each color (5 x 33 = 165) right?

3) Is there an association of the guilders' type to its color? Ex, are all the underworld characters red or something like that?

Thanks. I played twice but don't know the answer, yet I really like this game.

4) Oh and are there any similar ish games that do this single card multiuse ability with good scalability 2-4P but better? (I already know of Imperial Settlers, GTR, Mottainai, RFTG, SJ, Concordia)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Every card is unique.

2. Correct.

3. No, the guilds are distributed across colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 165 totally unique cards sounds great. Makes me want this game even more now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn B
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each card has a unique name & image. Each card has a unique combination of color, effect and symbol AFAIK.

There are some duplicate effects. For example, I think there are few different cards with the effect: Draw 1 card.

Also, there are a lot of similarities between card effects: one card might give you a bonus when the red die is 6, another one gives the same bonus when the yellow die is six, another when the purple die is six, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Still sounds excellent and what I suspected.

As an aside, should I sleeve these? (I could buy some clear sleeves or 5 color sleeves) Or is it not worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4) La Granja just had its reprint come out and is excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
I see. Still sounds excellent and what I suspected.

As an aside, should I sleeve these? (I could buy some clear sleeves or 5 color sleeves) Or is it not worth it?

The cards are linen and shuffle very well, seem to hold up to repeated play (card edges are a dingy white, which doesn't show dirt or much wear). to sleeve would be to deny yourself the lineny shuffling pleasure, but maybe that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeving depends on how many plays you plan to get out of it....I sleeved my copy since I tend to sleeve games where the card play is the main mechanic as compared as a support component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
Sleeving depends on how many plays you plan to get out of it....I sleeved my copy since I tend to sleeve games where the card play is the main mechanic as compared as a support component.

My unsleeved copy is up to 50+ plays with no discernable wear on the cards. I haven't sleeved any of my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.