Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else not like the cardstock money? To me, it doesn't feel like money at all. I would have preferred a high quality paper over card stock. Just curious what others think. I'm sure the gameplay will make this a minor issue, just thought I'd ask!

Sincerely,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that it doesn't feel like money - but i love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card money is great and much better than paper money in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you - in the minority here - not liking the cardboard chits as money.

At one point the money was going to be "premium textured paper" I'm not 100% sure what that means, but I'm willing to bet it would have been very nice - maybe something with a good rag content in it. If anything, I wish maybe the soft gloss varnish of the board would have been repeated in the cardboard money. Still, it all looks great and I can't wait to play my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the money that came in the game. I was quite amazed when I first opened the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cardboard money. I played the demo for a turn or two at the Gencon booth. I asked about the cardboard money, specifically about the fact that it was one sided. The person running the demo said that it was designed that way so that players can hide the amount of money they have from other players. I thought that was a great idea considering that bidding is part of the game. I'm considering using the money from this game in other games like Power Grid that has a bidding component.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm...

I'm just rewatching Rahdo's runthrough and I noticed that the money (and maybe the board had decimal points instead of commas for all the thousands.

Has this been fixed in the final version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It hasn't- but, I think it's a stylistic choice rather than an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As D. suggested, it was a stylistic choice.

vIQleS wrote:
Umm...

I'm just rewatching Rahdo's runthrough and I noticed that the money (and maybe the board had decimal points instead of commas for all the thousands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vIQleS wrote:
Umm...

I believe that in some places, the use of commas and periods in numbers are reversed. I've seen in Windows you can opt to use the comma as a decimal point, so I am assuming you can also choose to use the period to separate every 3 digits instead of a comma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way for me to buy another set of the money? I love the quality of the bills and the one sided printing of the bills allow you to hide the amount of money you have. I would like another set so I can use it for Power Grid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true, but not in most of the world, where I live, or (importantly) 'Merka.

This is going to piss me off now that I've noticed it. We'll see if it's enough to make me hate the game. I'm still waiting for mine so I'll give it as fair a go as I can when I get it...

Stuntman wrote:
vIQleS wrote:
Umm...

I believe that in some places, the use of commas and periods in numbers are reversed. I've seen in Windows you can opt to use the comma as a decimal point, so I am assuming you can also choose to use the period to separate every 3 digits instead of a comma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree I would pay for just a big bundle of the money to use in other games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week we're going to have a Kickstarter for "The Best Damn Gaming Coins Ever II" that will have this and other paper money available as stretch goals. :-)

Stuntman wrote:
Any way for me to buy another set of the money? I love the quality of the bills and the one sided printing of the bills allow you to hide the amount of money you have. I would like another set so I can use it for Power Grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zimmerman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer poker chips now for many of the games I play. But I do happen to like the money in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lj4adotcomdan wrote:
I prefer poker chips now for many of the games I play. But I do happen to like the money in this game.

Poker chips are good if money is not hidden. It allows for opponents to quickly determine how much money you have. One-sided paper/cardboard money is great for games where money is hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.