Subject: Expansions at retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any idea if the expansions are going to be available for those of us unlucky enough to have missed the Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if the expansions are going to be available for those of us unlucky enough to have missed the Kickstarter?

They said during the KS that everything save the 1 (2?) KS exclusive models will be available eventually for sale. However, KD has not traditionally been sold through any retailers. Just through their webstore and one or two purveyors of boutique minis like Cool Mini or Not. So I'd watch their webstore and sign up for their email blasts to see what they're going to do with this game. Currently, as far as I know, no one but the KD store has the core set for sale/preorder (and preorders on that have closed till it goes live in October).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually, though the webstore SAYS the pre-orders will close Aug 2, they appear to still be open and available at this time.

I imaging this is because Adam is still passed out recovering from GenCon... I doubt he got more than a couple of hours sleep all weekend. As soon as he wakes up he'll log in and shut down the pre-orders, so get in there and place your order ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
https://youtu.be/y6wF8d-zUHw

This interview is filled with some good nuggets of info…

(Yes, the game is shipping!!)

Props to original poster that linked the interview on another KD thread…

He mentions that full retail for Monster will probably follow tradition of Black Friday as the launch period.

Until we know more about the progress of the expansions/packing/printing, there's really very little indication of when backers/BF backers can expect them. Just keep your eyes peeled.

I'd wager Q1 2016. Maybe early Q2 if they don't get that stuff on a boat before Chinese New Year 2016… laugh

Crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things that will NOT be available at retail eventually:

True KS Exclusives
- Adam and Anna promo figs

Semi-exclusives (KS and future conventions/special events/special sales):
- "Messenger" promo figs
- Holiday White Speaker Nico promo fig + card
- Allison the Twilight Knight promo fig
- Survivor Candy & Kola promo crossover fig
- Survivor Kara Black promo crossover fig

All of those promo figures also come with some sort of promotional gameplay item (gear card, special game scenario, etc)

Everything else is supposed to be available at retail/from the KD web store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm getting really excited again. I mean Poots said in his Gencon interview that he'll start shipping the Promos and pin ups in the next couple of days for us in the US. Soon, soon it will all start coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam is turning out to be one incredible yet humble guy!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Miller
msg tools
sirgalin wrote:
However, KD has not traditionally been sold through any retailers. Just through their webstore and one or two purveyors of boutique minis like Cool Mini or Not.

Yeah, I see some people raising concerns on the international shipping cost for the pre-order (believe it's $50 flat rate) but since the game is likely going to be available only through the webstore or certain online partners, it's not going to be get any cheaper. It's going to come to a whopping $450 at MSRP + shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paradox80 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
However, KD has not traditionally been sold through any retailers. Just through their webstore and one or two purveyors of boutique minis like Cool Mini or Not.

Yeah, I see some people raising concerns on the international shipping cost for the pre-order (believe it's $50 flat rate) but since the game is likely going to be available only through the webstore or certain online partners, it's not going to be get any cheaper. It's going to come to a whopping $450 at MSRP + shipping.

It's an interesting question. Do I pay $125 (I think?) and wait 2-3 years or $450 and wait a week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
paradox80 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

It's an interesting question. Do I pay $125 (I think?) and wait 2-3 years or $450 and wait a week?

The other caveat is, assuming this batch does sell out at some point it's quite possible that no more will be made now that this print run is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

- Survivor Candy & Kola promo crossover fig

IIRC Adam had said that his deal with Soda Pop now allows that if SPM offer the Super Dungeon Explore Twilight Knight from their website he can offer the Kingdom Death Monster Candy and Cola from his.

Since SPM's policy since splitting with CMON has been to offer their Kickstarter Promos from their website this seems likely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
sirgalin wrote:
paradox80 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

Actually its a pretty easy question. I paid $85 for the core game when I backed in November 2012. Even if the game ended up #1 on the BGG ratings there is no way I'd pay $450 for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:
paradox80 wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

Actually its a pretty easy question. I paid $85 for the core game when I backed in November 2012. Even if the game ended up #1 on the BGG ratings there is no way I'd pay $450 for it.

You're very patient then. I guess there are options. How many black friday options were put out there?

Option 1: Pay $125 and wait 2-3 years
Option 2: Pay $175 and wait 1-2 years (piggy backing off someone's pledge)
Option 3: Pay $225 and wait 6 months - 1 year (black friday option)
Option 4: Pay $275 and wait 3-6 months (preorder option)
Option 5: Pay $450 and wait a week or two (order when it goes live)
Option 6: Pay $1500 and wait a week or two (buy from ebay once it goes OOP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't aware of the Kickstarter when it ran, so not feeling bad about missing it, but kicking myself over not hopping on when the Black Friday deal ran - I know I'm gonna want more survivors than what come in the box! Hoping they go on sale as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
You're very patient then. I guess there are options. How many black friday options were put out there?

Didn't the earlier options (pre-preorder) include shipping? There's about a $60 shipping charge on the pre-order (and presumably retail from their shop) option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

Didn't the earlier options (pre-preorder) include shipping? There's about a $60 shipping charge on the pre-order (and presumably retail from their shop) option.

Yes, the Kickstarter included shipping. Plus you had the $85 early birders.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah those early bird people got a really really really really good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:

Also remember the base game was $85 for Early Bird and $100 thereafter. A ton of people got the Survivor Edition for $150 that added a lot of extra plastic in the box.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:

Yes, yes I did. However, after all was said and done, my total pledge was well over $500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
Valandor wrote:

Yes, yes I did. However, after all was said and done, my total pledge was well over $500.

Yeah, you never get off that cheap. I know I didn't!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
bastimret wrote:
Valandor wrote:

-Ski

I was amongst the less lucky. I talked myself out of a pledge during the KS because of Christmas season. Then the next year I pledged for Survivor on Black Friday, but really couldn't bring myself to go all in for the Survivor plus all expansions. Then the next Black Friday I told myself I only had to resist until Sunday night... then they announced that the sale would continue through Monday night. So, I pulled the trigger on the Survivor with all expansions. It would have been so much cheaper to just have backed the silly thing in the first place!

But, on the up side, I now have two survivor 'pledges' and all the expansions coming soon(ish). I just have to decide what I want to do with the second survivor pledge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inner Geek wrote:
Teamski wrote:
bastimret wrote:
Valandor wrote:

-Ski

I was amongst the less lucky. I talked myself out of a pledge during the KS because of Christmas season. Then the next year I pledged for Survivor on Black Friday, but really couldn't bring myself to go all in for the Survivor plus all expansions. Then the next Black Friday I told myself I only had to resist until Sunday night... then they announced that the sale would continue through Monday night. So, I pulled the trigger on the Survivor with all expansions. It would have been so much cheaper to just have backed the silly thing in the first place!

But, on the up side, I now have two survivor 'pledges' and all the expansions coming soon(ish). I just have to decide what I want to do with the second survivor pledge...

Wait till the game is out and there's more buzz about it, and then sell it to make back some of your investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went broke saving on this KS, bought two of everything with game play, skipped the pinups... Now I'm kicking myself for not having gone deeper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
Valandor wrote:

Yeah, I think I cleared that.
And I've not regretted it for a moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua S.
United States
Warr Acres
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Curious to see how often the core game stays at $400 or if goes on sale periodically for the Pre-Order price. Could see this when the expansions start to roll out with the idea of discounting the game 4-6 times a year but not the expansions.

Might be a bit odd but I do wonder if other companies are watching to see how the game does to see if they could do something similar. For example the thing with GW and them doing Warhammer Quest again has always been that it would be easily $200 probably close to $300 to remake the game if this did well would they then release WQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.