Subject: What happens when a character takes one damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ariel & Michelle Diaz-Nanasca
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the rule book and several posts in the forums and haven't found an answer to my question. Please forgive the very basic nature of my question. I really have no idea where to look for the answer.

If I have a level 2 Angel die in my field area and my opponent uses a Reckless Melee basic action die to deal all characters 1 damage, do I have to spin my level 2 Angel die down to a level 1 Angel (or do I just have to remember that my level 2 Angel doesn't have 3 defense anymore, but rather 2 defense after taking 1 damage)?

If it is the case that I have to spin Angel down from level 2 to level 1, then what happens if I have a level 1 Angel die and my opponent uses a Reckless Melee basic action die against my Angel?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
The damage is just there until end of turn. Your Angel still has 3 defense but also 1 damage. It is KO'ed when it has damage on it equal to its defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just have to remember that he has one damage on him for the rest of the current turn. If he takes two more damage from any source that turn, he would be KO'ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Your Angel still has 3 defense but also 1 damage. It is KO'ed when it has damage on it equal to its defense.

This is important. For shorthand, we often refer to the defense as if it has been reduced, ("my 3/3 is now a 3/2"), but the defense never actually changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Cortez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So spinning down your die does not occur when being dealt damage unless specifically stated by a cards ability or action.

Like others have said you must just remember that turn while your opponent is attacking, the damage that has been dealt to your characters die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel & Michelle Diaz-Nanasca
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for all of the clarification. I understand this topic a lot better now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Tomilowitz
msg tools
As a playing aide, I use a small 6-sided die placed next to the character die, turned to the new D value. So if your Angel takes 1D of damage (and the printed D value on the character die is 3), just take the d6, turn it to 2 and place next to the Angel die. If Angel takes another hit that turn, spin the d6 to its 1 side.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me ages to understand this concept too. I would just ignore it but it is really important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.