GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I used to sleeve a lot more then I do now. Generally I now sleeve low card count games where they get handled alot, or need to be "secret" Has anyone sleeved this yet? Do you think you will need to (I will have my copy tomorrow as I friend bought me one at GenCon). If so what sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
repthrd wrote:
So I used to sleeve a lot more then I do now. Generally I now sleeve low card count games where they get handled alot, or need to be "secret" Has anyone sleeved this yet? Do you think you will need to (I will have my copy tomorrow as I friend bought me one at GenCon). If so what sleeves?
Given the way the game works, this game does NOT need to be sleeved (and I'm a pretty obsessive sleever for games of a similar nature).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The word cards absolutely do NOT need sleeving. There's no advantage to be gained from knowing which ones are coming up (and they're double-sided, so it's not like there are matching backs which need to be kept similar).

A marked spymaster card could theoretically be an issue, but sleeving those would make it worse, since then you could tell which side of every spymaster card was 'up'.

In conclusion: do not sleeve. By the time you're worrying about marks on spymaster cards, there will be an app to replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, played this tonight and I totally agree with you. It was a blast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like sleeving is unnecessary, but that's never stopped me before

Anyone know the number of cards and their size?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Dickinson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Given that most of the board game meetups I host or go to involve food and beverages in some variety (either in a restaurant or at home), I feel more comfortable bringing games that are protected as well as possible.

A quick Google search revealed a Twitter conversation that indicated that the word cards are "Mini Euro" (aka Ticket To Ride USA) sized, and the spy master cards are 70mm square. I suspect, but have no confirmation, that the spy, bystander, and assassin cards are the same size as the word cards. There are 200 word cards, 25 of the various role cards, and I'm not sure how many squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the codename cards are larger than the mini American sleeves in the yellow FFG package. 200 cards. I am going to try the mini Euro sleeves as I think they are going to do the trick.

The thicker cardboard assassin, bystander, and spy cards are even bigger than the codename cards. 25 cards.

The spymaster cards are square, 6.7cm or 67mm (70mm as previously stated). 40 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Twedell
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
I agree the clue cards do not need to be sleeved. However, the cardboard agent cards in my copy have been destroyed by constant handling, due to how much play the game gets. I just purchased a new copy, and I would like to sleeve just the red and blue agent cards.

I'm going to try the Mayday 50mmx75mm sleeves, and I'll update the post with the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Moschetti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,
i'm here to definitively clarify this doubt because I've buyed the game (italian version but should be the same as cards sizes to ENG version) and sleeves too.

Thanks for advices of all guys that have post in this thread.

Look at my picture

I have choose to buy "Mayday Games" sleeves, the stronger type (125% thicker than normal) as you can see from my picture and I think that is best the option.

So, resuming you need:

1 pack MDG-7134 for 40 squared cards
1 pack MDG-7135 for 25 agents cards
4 packs MDG-7080 for 200 names cards

Note: Agents cards NOT MATCH into the same sleeves of little names cards because Agents one's are too big for these sleeves.

Bye! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.