Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can the finished product be played solo and be fun? I know their was a lot of conversation to have a solo ability in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Wilkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no solo variant out of the box. My understanding was that would come in an expansion. Having played it a few times this weekend, I'm skeptical the game lends itself to satisfying solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D4L3W wrote:
There is no solo variant out of the box. My understanding was that would come in an expansion. Having played it a few times this weekend, I'm skeptical the game lends itself to satisfying solo play.

Thanks for the feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
See the thread: Solo?

One of the fun games you can play as a Kickstarter backer is to agitate for adding solo play to every project. In this case, Artana begged off including it until an expansion, but I wouldn't blame them if they dropped the idea altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dale is correct: a solo play automaton is one of the ideas for the first expansion.

D4L3W wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion goes to Kickstarter later this month, and will absolutely include an AI deck for each of the six inventors in the game, that you can play against head-to-head, or include as a player in a multi-player game. They even have two different difficulty levels, named after Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.