1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Character Sheet Webapp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
I posted this on the Kickstarter Backer comments section, but I thought it might interest people to see this.

http://ivoilic.com/projects/character%20sheet/index.html

This is a character sheet created by Ivo Ilic, one of the Developers for Kingdom Death. Its fully compatible with tablets, and you can save any changes you make in a link.
I can only assume this is a prototype a full version will come later. But even so it should be a huge help for a lot of gaming groups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweeeet. Are you Ceetee in the comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured out how to work all the boxes that require a number (Survival, Strength, etc). It was definitely intended for touchscreen devices.

To increase or decrease the values, you swipe next to the box up (for +1) or down (-1). You can do this with a mouse on a PC by clicking and dragging up or down and releasing as well.

This is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Ceetee finding this, and maybe me spotting build.kingdomdeath.com - there's a lot of sleuthing out there…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

Yeah, I'm Ceetee. This account is just way older than my kickstarter account, and uses an ancient screen name.

Also yes, its very much intended for touch screens, but it is really nice on them. I used it on my ipad and it is one of the best webforms I've ever used on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
Between Ceetee finding this, and maybe me spotting build.kingdomdeath.com - there's a lot of sleuthing out there…

That link seems to be down. I'm curious, what was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not open yet… It's the website that will have instructions for building all of the minis… thinking of the Scribe, Spidicules, there's a lot of wicked things to build…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
halfwing wrote:
Elyklord wrote:

Yeah, I'm Ceetee. This account is just way older than my kickstarter account, and uses an ancient screen name.

Also yes, its very much intended for touch screens, but it is really nice on them. I used it on my ipad and it is one of the best webforms I've ever used on it.

That's interesting because I opened it on my phone and it did not work nearly as well (interface works much better from my computer).

I had trouble zooming in and out, and some of the boxes are almost too small to tick off. I imagine it would work much better on a large screen like a tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so cool. +1s all around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Ilić
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I posted this on the Kickstarter Backer comments section, but I thought it might interest people to see this.

http://ivoilic.com/projects/character%20sheet/index.html

This is a character sheet created by Ivo Ilic, one of the Developers for Kingdom Death. Its fully compatible with tablets, and you can save any changes you make in a link.
I can only assume this is a prototype a full version will come later. But even so it should be a huge help for a lot of gaming groups!

Haha Can't believe you guys managed to find that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ivoilic wrote:

Nice one! I'm curious if you played the campaign much yourself during the development? I noticed you rated KD:M a "10", would you consider that a (reasonably) objective "10", or more of a "I work for the company and my boss might be watching '10'"?

I'm genuinely interested to know your thoughts being as you may be the person who's had more indepth experience with the wider game than anyone on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
ivoilic wrote:

Nice one! I'm curious if you played the campaign much yourself during the development? I noticed you rated KD:M a "10", would you consider that a (reasonably) objective "10", or more of a "I work for the company and my boss might be watching '10'"?

I'm genuinely interested to know your thoughts being as you may be the person who's had more indepth experience with the wider game than anyone on here.

If its the former, he'll say it was a genuine 10. If its the latter, he will also say its a genuine 10.

Either way, you are going to get the same answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
ivoilic wrote:

If its the former, he'll say it was a genuine 10. If its the latter, he will also say its a genuine 10.

Haha yeah of course - ivoilic just blink your eyes rapidly to signal you're  answering under duress when you reply, we'll get the msg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
Between Ceetee finding this, and maybe me spotting build.kingdomdeath.com - there's a lot of sleuthing out there… ;)

It's printed right on the box, man. I think everyone spotted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
brrrmanza wrote:

It's one of those spoiler free blurry images... didn't see anyone else talking about it.

Christopher Columbus? No. But first to the punch, probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Ilić
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
Jokemeister wrote:
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
ivoilic wrote:

Haha yeah of course - ivoilic just blink your eyes rapidly to signal you're  answering under duress when you reply, we'll get the msg.

As a backer, as someone who has worked for KD, and as someone who lost their settlement around the 5th lantern year during a solo campaign, I can tell you that I have nothing but love for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
poeticallybored wrote:
brrrmanza wrote:
Between Ceetee finding this, and maybe me spotting build.kingdomdeath.com - there's a lot of sleuthing out there… ;)

It's one of those spoiler free blurry images... didn't see anyone else talking about it.

Christopher Columbus? No. But first to the punch, probably. ;)

The only blurring in the photo was of the office area in the background. The URL is front and center, unobscured. I'm confused about you seeming so prideful about spotting an obvious thing that everyone could read. You kind of are Columbus, actually, claiming to have discovered something already quite well-discovered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, don't be mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
Hey, don't be mean.

+1

I for one hadn't noticed it, and Brett had been the one who pointed it out to me. When I posted his find on the KD:M comment page, there were several people who mentioned they hadn't noticed it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was intended to be funny, not mean. Anyway, I'm genuinely surprised this is something everyone overlooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
It was intended to be funny, not mean. Anyway, I'm genuinely surprised this is something everyone overlooked.

I was talking to Adam at GenCon about what kind of guidance he has planned for helping people assemble the miniatures... build.kingdomdeath.com is where it will live.

As for the Character Sheet... It's cool, but the page is not well optimized for tablets - at least not my iPad 3. The UX is clever, if not entirely intuitive, but the responsiveness (in terms of being ready for input quickly after an operation) is just so sluggish I can't really use it at all. Hopefully either it will be optimized more before we all get our gear, or I'll get something with an A8 and see what happens then.

It's a great idea and a generous bit of work, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would probably work better as a dedicated app instead of a webpage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
Would probably work better as a dedicated app instead of a webpage.
Seriously though I'm either gonna scan or make my own sheets. But I also have my original pad of Hero Quest char sheets.... Oooooh, might sleeve the sheets too and use wet erase markers....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
reitoei wrote:
poeticallybored wrote:

I was talking to Adam at GenCon about what kind of guidance he has planned for helping people assemble the miniatures... build.kingdomdeath.com is where it will live.

As for the Character Sheet... It's cool, but the page is not well optimized for tablets - at least not my iPad 3. The UX is clever, if not entirely intuitive, but the responsiveness (in terms of being ready for input quickly after an operation) is just so sluggish I can't really use it at all. Hopefully either it will be optimized more before we all get our gear, or I'll get something with an A8 and see what happens then.

It's a great idea and a generous bit of work, for sure.

It works fine on my iPhone 6, I'll have to try it on my iPad when I'm home to see how it works. I have a 4th gen though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
[q="bastimret"]Oooooh, might sleeve the sheets too and use wet erase markers....

I was thinking about doing this too. I do this with a few PnP games and it works great. I may actually go the route of professionally laminating multiple sheets (8 to 12 of them) and reusing them that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.