Subject: Storage advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
I own the base game and the 2 big expansions (Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Labyrinth of Ruin and Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Shadow of Nerekhall). I am thinking of making a foam core insert and I was wondering if everything would fit in the base box? Or should I use the expansion box for cards/dice and the base box for miniatures?

What do you guys recommend?
I would prefer to use the original game box and foam inserts because I don't have access to Plano-like boxes (I see them mentioned a lot. I do I have tokens in a pill-like box) and I don't want something too large to be "portable".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hoochuk
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short of harnessing the energy of a dying star and employing transcendental dimension technology, you probably won't get everything into the one base box.(If you do, I've got a police box I'd like you to work on for me.)

I quickly outgrew my foamcore insert and got a Plano 7771 Tackle box from Amazon. So far it holds everything except map pieces which I keep in a separate file box to speed setup time. If Plano boxes are not an option, you'll probably have to split the components among your various expansion boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unfortunate that you do not have access to plano boxes, because I find them to be perfect.

I use one of these for the large monster figures, and one of these for the small monster figures and heroes (and LT tokens). I am soon going to purchase a third because there are becoming too many minis:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001447AW2?psc=1&redirect=t...

I use one of these for the condition tokens, threat tokens, damage, fatigue, and hero tokens, and the other for search, villager, objective, challenge, and class specific tokens:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCT0YI?psc=1&redirect=t...

I keep all of the cards in the Labyrinth of Ruin box (mostly full) and the map tiles in the base game box (mostly full.) I keep the quest guides in a separate folder.

There is no way you will ever be able to fit everything in the base game box if you keep buying expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Coberly
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
Own all the boxed stuff and minis prior. It's a lot of stuff. I'm just missing the last two print of demand expansions and sets of minis. I haven't tried combining everything. Not until I figure out my preferred storage solution.

As a side note, I will say that if FFG were to release a separate box just for storage...I would buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was keeping all my monsters seperate in the LoR box but now I have SLIGHTLY too many to keep in there.

I'd be open to a plano box if someone can recommend to me one that also has spare room in it once all the monsters are in there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad The Bad
msg tools
mbmb
Greetings everyone,

BGG members and community members on the FFG site have come up with some really amazing storage solutions. In regards to the original question, I think I would be pretty tough to fit the Base game and Nerekhall Expansion into the same box. Initially I really wanted to hold on to the original boxes and make my own inserts. For those committed to foam core, Universal Head at the Esotric Order of Gamers has a great blueprint for the base game. http://www.orderofgamers.com/descent-2nd-edition-foamcore-pl...

I made the following impromptu insert for the Nerekhall expansion:

As the expansions kept (and keep!) coming, I was finding this storage solution increasingly cumbersome:
1. The boxes were starting to take up a lot of space
2. I was losing interest in making the foam core inserts
3. I was struggling to find a storage solution for the hero and monster collections
4. It was becoming increasingly time-consuming to incorporate multiple components from multiple expansions into a campaign; set up and take down was taking too long!

I was fortunate to read about so many other people's strategies on BGG and FFG's website. So, I, like so many others, decided to journey down the Plano road. This solution is really a combination of other people's ideas with a few of my own. I purchased a 7771 (for most of the game pieces)and a separate hanging file folder storage unit (for the map tiles, doors, and rule books). While some people have had success with two of the 7771s, I've found some success with just the one. I've been able to fit all of the Expansions, Hero & Monster Collections, and Lieutenant Packs released to date, and still have some room left over. These include:

Descent Journeys in the Dark 2nd Ed Base Game
Shadow of Nerekhall
Labyrinth of Ruin
Lair of the Wyrm
The Trollfens
Manor of Ravens
Bonds of the Wild
Crown of Destiny
Crusade of the Forgotten
Guardians of Deephall
Oath of the Outcast
Visions of Dawn
17 released Lieutenant Packs
Heirs of Blood Campaign Book
* Note I do not own the co-op adventures and have not included them here

Here are some pics

I hope this helps!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Doctor
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I so need a hanging file folder for my map pieces! I've been looking all over (here in Sweden) but no retailer here seems to sell that kind of product. Anyone here in the nordic countries knows where I can find one, or anyone at all knows an online retailer selling these that ship to Sweden (and doesn't charge a million $$$s for shipping)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDoctor wrote:
I so need a hanging file folder for my map pieces! I've been looking all over (here in Sweden) but no retailer here seems to sell that kind of product. Anyone here in the nordic countries knows where I can find one, or anyone at all knows an online retailer selling these that ship to Sweden (and doesn't charge a million $$$s for shipping)?

I think they're called HæÑging Fôôldërß there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Doctor
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
MrDoctor wrote:

I think they're called HæÑging Fôôldërß there...

No. That's actually an ancient incantation for summoning Fenrir and initiate Ragnarök. See you soon in Valhalla brother!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.