United States
Park Forest
IL
flag msg tools
Yay Turtles!
badge
Turtle Power!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the newest map expansion, my game no longer fits within one box. I am moving to a custom storage solution as some people have done with dominion. (See here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/831335/storage-case-dominio...)

My question is, does anyone here have the skills to create vertical card dividers for this game? Or does someone know where I can find a photoshop template to make some basic ones easily? If so, I would be very thankful and could throw some geekgold your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for simple, you could use Legedit by Fostorial. Its for Marvel Legendary, but he has a Vertical/Horizontal Divider editor built in that could be used for simple Dividers. Just add a Team Icon that is Firefly related create a Hero for each divider you want and you can add an image as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an answer to your question, but: I bought a load of the cheap playing card boxes you can find on Amazon and other vendors, and just stick each deck in one of those.

(I like Really Useful Boxes for many game storage purposes, as you see here, but they don't do a good box for playing cards unless you want to store two packs together.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Park Forest
IL
flag msg tools
Yay Turtles!
badge
Turtle Power!
mbmbmbmbmb
Legedit looks to be an awesome program. Unfortunately, the dividers it creates are the same size as the cards.

I decided to scan the backs of the cards, add half an inch of whitespace to the bottom and print them on photopaper. I then laminated and cut to size. I am pretty happy with the results:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution was to put the boards in the Blue Sun box and everything else in the base game box. I used Hugo's Amazing Tape to keep the cards together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leister
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put together wood deck holders that also help when you are playing. You can hand the decks around for people to look through the discard piles.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1361659/deck-holders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Park Forest
IL
flag msg tools
Yay Turtles!
badge
Turtle Power!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very impressive. I had thought about something like that but I do not have access to the necessary tools.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bonarek
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although they don't look nearly as nice as the wooden ones by David Leister, you can make card holders out of foamcore. Just need Xacto knife, cutting surface and either hot glue gun or glue (I prefer wood glue instead of regular glue).

I posted pictures here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1415399/firefly-game-organi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.