BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Where are the print and play games hiding? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: play [+] print [+] [View All]
Jason B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hopefully a noob question here, I have been trying to figure out how to search for free good print and play games on BBG. I have done an advance search for just the print and play category, however most of the results are games you have to buy, and are not free print and play.

Is it possible to search BBG's print and play games so I can see what the highest rated ones are? Or are there other pnp resources that I should be looking at?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games That Are Free To Print and Play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The best P&P games tend to get printed, but the files to P&P them should still be on the game page. If not, I'd guess the P&P category would be lost. (Indigo would know.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
july mjj
Philippines
Cebu City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should subscribe to this blog Print and Play Games News
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Ticket to Ride and go down to the fan expansions. I have updated a lot of these and made many of my own (which I am waiting to upload)and can email them to you if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal L
Switzerland
Attalens
FR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also check what others are crafting in this monthly Geeklist:
What Print 'n Play Games are you crafting or planning on crafting this month? August 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take a look at this Selector page or at the Intro PnP page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
The best P&P games tend to get printed, but the files to P&P them should still be on the game page. If not, I'd guess the P&P category would be lost. (Indigo would know.)

Game pages are a historical record, so we wouldn't remove something (PnP, Kickstarter) even if it was no longer on or available that way. Same thing for previous publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shichigatsu wrote:
you should subscribe to this blog Print and Play Games News

a big +1 to this, and remember to flip through the past pages on it

also there's http://www.cheapass.com/freegames/major
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

Game pages are a historical record, so we wouldn't remove something (PnP, Kickstarter) even if it was no longer on or available that way. Same thing for previous publishers.

Not that I usually go around contradicting admins, but when a PnP game is picked up by a publisher, they often request that the PnP files be pulled by the designer. So while not removed by BGG, they don't necessarily stay around forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
havoc110 wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

Not that I usually go around contradicting admins, but when a PnP game is picked up by a publisher, they often request that the PnP files be pulled by the designer. So while not removed by BGG, they don't necessarily stay around forever.

I was talking about the category, and not the files. A game will still say Kickstarter, or Print & Play, or have the publisher Ravensburger, in the header, even if that's not the most current release/is not currently on KS/is not currently available as a PnP/etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks! This is what I was hoping existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.