Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Being Revived? How do you play it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So one of our characters died. She was a level 3 Nun. One of our other characters sold all his darkstone and other stuff to get 1500 dollars and revive her.

Now she comes back to life with -1 grit.

Does she get to take events in town that she was just revived?
Can she use her own money to revive her character after she dies?
After being revived, do any previous serious injuries still affect them?
For instance, she had internal bleeding before
Does she keep all possessions?
Should undead have rules for attacking her since now she is undead. Perhaps something like, before attack her roll 1 a d6 on a 1 she is not attacked?

Just wondering how other s have played it?

Thanks,

Eagletsi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Irons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We restore her to full health and sanity.

She keeps her gear, money, etc, as well as any previous injuries or madness.

It's like a revive token, but without regaining a grit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Interesting. So in your case she would keep her internal injury, even though with a revive token you don't have to roll on the injury chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Irons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think revive tokens got rid of previous injuries. I don't have the rules in front of me though, so I might be misremembering.

There might be a logistic issue because you roll on injuries when you return from KO. Since revive tokens explicitly say that you don't roll on the table, that's where my logic comes from that the busted leg you got 3 missions ago doesn't go away when you're brought back from the dead.

Also concerning your other question about undead, I've been mulling around rules for Harrowed (being a long time Deadlands player/Marshal), which I'll definitely post after polishing them and playtesting them a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
True about the revive token. But there your just knocked out. When your dead it's different. You have died and been reborn. So I think dying and being reborn should ignore serious injuries, because you were not just knocked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've only had to resurrect 2 heroes. I'm not sure if they had any long-term injuries or madnesses at the time. I think I'd leave those present, just as you'd leave all existing mutations present. You're being resurrected to your most recent living state, not reborn as an entirely new being.

Dead heroes definitely keep their gear. I believe the rules even say you cannot loot a dead hero's body except to get money to pay for their resurrection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Do you know where in the book? I have been searching for it?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8 of the Adventure book talks about dead heroes, including the rule prohibiting other heroes from looting a dead hero's body.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.