Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Gremlinator Customs: Rockslide (Hellions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing the slew of my Mini-Expansion related characters, here lies Rockslide, the man desperate to be a Stone Hulk. As with Hulkling, I did a twist on the standard bruiser mechanics. I made him quite strong on his rare, but due to him essentially morphing into a giant lava monster with the ability to punch, I felt it was justified. The amount of triggers required and lack of draw mechanic outside of New Recruits, meant he'd struggle to properly hit for the full potential 7. I could throw it up to a 9 cost if needed to counter-balance that though.

I felt it appropriate to give him a thrown artifact, as part of his mutation is that he can launch parts of his own body at his enemies, regenerating himself from any nearby rock. I feel I limited its relatively cheap cost by making it situational.

The general mechanic is that wounds tend to be KO'd from the hand, rather than countered or eventually KO'd.

Commons

Name: Nobody Hurts My Friends
Power: Strength
Recruit: 0+
Attack: 3
Cost: 4
Gain a wound to your hand.
Hellions: Gain +1 recruit

Name: Projectile Limbs
Power: Range
Cost: 3
Thrown Artifact - When you thrown this, get +2 attack usable only against Villains in the city.

Uncommon

Name: Gotta Be The Strongest
Cost: 5
Attack: 2+
Recruit: 0+
For every wound in your hand, gain +1 attack.
Hellions + Strength: KO any wounds in your hand. For each wound KO'd this way, gain +1 recruit.

Rare

Name: Rockslide Angry
Cost: 8
Attack: 3+
If you discarded any Hellions cards this turn, gain +2 attack.
2x Hellions: If you KO'd any wounds this turn, gain a further +2 attack.
3x Strength: Defeat a Villain in the city for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the Uncommon count the wounds for attack before you KO them?

And on the Rare, what situation would cause you to discard Hellions? Typically heroes like this can fulfill their own triggers and I don't see it with this dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The aim is yes, what sort of wording would help imply that? Perhaps an 'after applying the effect above'?

Turns out I'd completely misread where you place thrown artifacts after using them - my belief was that you discard them, not place them at the bottom of your deck. I'll turn that Common 2 into something else.

Perhaps a 'Discard this card to gain +2 attack against Villains only in the city'? Discarding works well to emulate him firing his own limbs at people, what sort of mechanic would work well though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gremlinator wrote:
The aim is yes, what sort of wording would help imply that? Perhaps an 'after applying the effect above'?

Turns out I'd completely misread where you place thrown artifacts after using them - my belief was that you discard them, not place them at the bottom of your deck. I'll turn that Common 2 into something else.

Perhaps a 'Discard this card to gain +2 attack against Villains only in the city'? Discarding works well to emulate him firing his own limbs at people, what sort of mechanic would work well though?

I'd change the rare before changing the common. And maybe for the uncommon wording, try "you may then KO any of those woinds" implying that you already did the first effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.