Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance McCullers was having a reasonable year, so I picked him up a month ago for my fantasy team.

(BB Ref has him as the following:

W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF ERA+ FIP WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W Awards
5 3 .625 2.48 13 13 0 1 0 0 76.1 58 24 21 3 27 1 78 4 0 3 312 162 2.77 1.114 6.8 0.4 3.2 9.2 2.89

So he was a reasonable pickup.

But that's before he posted tonight's game.
IP 0.1
ER 6.
ERA 162.0
WHIP 24.0
K 1 (Um, hurray?)

It's monday and my week is already over, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yep, that was a clunker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Ouch.

I've never played fantasy baseball. What's his ERA if he hadn't gotten an out (or for the whole week, I guess)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
In our league it's your entire staff's ERA for a full week (and WHIP and Ks and Wins and Saves) so if he'd gotten no outs it would be INF (or NaN, if you prefer) at this time, but once the next guy goes it would just be averaged. Most weeks our pitchers go 50+ Innings. So I can recover from this, but it's a deep hole. OTOH if one of my opp's pitchers has a bad day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play baseball the old-fashioned way - on TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
shumyum wrote:
Ouch.

I've never played fantasy baseball. What's his ERA if he hadn't gotten an out (or for the whole week, I guess)?

That would be infinity, my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea that real people play baseball, but I like that I get to GM my own simulated baseball team better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of us poor Astros fans who had to live through Reality Baseball last night. cry

Fun fact: Adrian Beltre actually hit for the cycle by the fifth inning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Think of us poor Astros fans who had to live through Reality Baseball last night. cry

Fun fact: Adrian Beltre actually hit for the cycle by the fifth inning.

I guess that's better than 4 grand slams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.