Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. Just picked up the expanded edition of this title, and wouldn't mind expanding it even more (or, at the least, looking forward to the day I'll be able to do that).

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is. I am about to start another round of playtesting. The expansion will have three modular elements:

1. Two new roles
2. A side deck of cards that come into the queue that are positive events that players can work towards while the catd is in the queue.
3. Narrative cards for the slaves that tells the stories of the men and women and their journeys north.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

Thank you for being so forthcoming with the community, Brian. I'm happy to support your ventures.

Just two quick questions:

1. Is there a general ETA that you're shooting for? I'm a developer myself (software), so I understand that the results of these playtests could skew your expectations, but is this tentatively a 2016 release, or further out?

2. Would you be willing to share the working titles for those new roles?

At the least, could you confirm the gender of the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking to increase the difficulty? I have to admit that the game has become a little formulaic, though I still really enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
Are you looking to increase the difficulty? I have to admit that the game has become a little formulaic, though I still really enjoy it.
I keep hearing how tough the game can be, but my last two plays (2p and 4p) we won it on what would've hard level without even realising it. All sorts of rewarding, and the win in both cases I put down to a key non-me player, but still, I was surprised, and yesterday presumed my previous win would be proven to be a fluke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.