GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,281 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

XenoShyft» Forums » General

Subject: Xenoshyft iOS Launch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
"A faithful translation of the hit Kickstarter boardgame, play solo or with up to 3 other players and defend against waves of aliens intent of wiping you off the face of the planet!

Supporting full Internet multiplayer and a quick tutorial on how to play the game, everything you need to play is included in the purchase price with no micropayments. The boardgame expansions are also available directly for purchase within the app itself."

I didn't hear anything about this coming! Was this an unannounced app? Has anyone tried it yet? I want to know if it's good! It's on sale for the first week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for sharing! I'm downloading it for the morning. I'm going to give it a go during lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCollum
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to work well so far. Gameplay is smooth and controls are pretty intuitive. Very nice graphics and a decent soundtrack to boot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Berger
Germany
Eitensheim
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Hey, thanks for sharing! I'm downloading it for the morning. I'm going to give it a go during lunch.

I Second that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xilanz wrote:
Seems to work well so far. Gameplay is smooth and controls are pretty intuitive. Very nice graphics and a decent soundtrack to boot!

by that he means the game is bogged down with a ton of useless animations, a very unintuitive UI, the inability to save game progress, and a decent soundtrack to boot...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if it will release for Android and/or PC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:

The facebook page mentioned that Android was coming soon. I'm eager to give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCollum
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't even noticed the save progress issue. They played through quick enough solo that I didn't need to pause midway. I suppose I am more tolerant of the animations having played through other card based apps like Hearthstone and Magic but that would be a good suggestion to the devs to have a toggle to minimize or disable them. I didn't bother with the tutorial since I already knew the gameplay mechanics and aside from not spacing out the cards more when you are making selections it was fairly easy to figure out how they could be manipulated at any given time. It would be nice if it skipped phases that were obviously not applicable (like healing a unit to full if you have no units).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Martini
msg tools
Hey everyone, I'm Lucas, the app's lead dev here at Cool Mini.

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions either here on our own forums:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?80-Xeno...

Yes, Android version is on the way, shouldn't be long. PC version is a "very strong" possibility.

We're working on a few significant improvements, such as:
Multi-division solo play / Pass and play
Saving the game state for Solo Play
More expansions!

I'd also like to note that there are two bug-fixing versions in the queue for Apple to approve, the first of which should be approved quite soon.

Thank you all for your interest and happy alien-killing-mining-ops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been enjoying this game quite a bit and find it as much a challenge as the board version..my one disappointment was that you could not play multi-division in solo mode, but I see you have that covered. I will look forward to the future improvements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
"A faithful translation of the hit Kickstarter boardgame, play solo or with up to 3 other players and defend against waves of aliens intent of wiping you off the face of the planet!

Supporting full Internet multiplayer and a quick tutorial on how to play the game, everything you need to play is included in the purchase price with no micropayments. The boardgame expansions are also available directly for purchase within the app itself."

I didn't hear anything about this coming! Was this an unannounced app? Has anyone tried it yet? I want to know if it's good! It's on sale for the first week.

Completely out of the blue... this is great. Been wanting to try this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Trump wrote:

The facebook page mentioned that Android was coming soon. I'm eager to give it a try.

That is nice that it coming for Android soon. But the sale seems exclusive to IOS users. Hoping that is not the case. I will just be playing the card game until then. If you think the card game is brutal, I can only imagine what the APP is like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is no different in regards to difficulty. The biggest enhancement is the lightning fast setup/redraw for the 9 items in the supply, especially for solo games.

It's great for preventing rule mistakes or card misplays as well (I'm sure a large number of people are still playing damage from Chargers incorrectly or misunderstand the deployment of paratroopers)

If the app were to miraculously get Heroes, Experimental Prototypes, and the missing Hive enemies/bosses (at this moment exclusive to KS backers), I'd ditch the cards in a heartbeat for solitaire games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jae_Knight wrote:
andrewbwm wrote:
Trump wrote:

That is nice that it coming for Android soon. But the sale seems exclusive to IOS users. Hoping that is not the case. I will just be playing the card game until then. If you think the card game is brutal, I can only imagine what the APP is like.

This is what they said on their facebook page:
Yup, same deal will be extended for Android too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what they said on their facebook page:
Yup, same deal will be extended for Android too!

Yea!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
LotusMartini wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm Lucas, the app's lead dev here at Cool Mini.

Yes, Android version is on the way, shouldn't be long. PC version is a "very strong" possibility.

We're working on a few significant improvements, such as:
Multi-division solo play / Pass and play
Saving the game state for Solo Play
More expansions!

I'd also like to note that there are two bug-fixing versions in the queue for Apple to approve, the first of which should be approved quite soon.

Make that #1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LotusMartini wrote:

Requested Enhancements

1. View full hand of cards. No overlap please. (Take a page from Star Realms).
2. Ability to toggle animations on/off.
3. Single tap center screen during combat to pause and resume.
4. Shorter gestural swipes from stacks to hand.
5. Drag and drop instants onto troops and enemies for instant effect.
6. Automatically order hand of cards by name and type. (Xeno next to Xeno, Militia next to Militia, etc.)
7. Enlarged cards consistently float center screen. (Rather than awkwardly floating left or right based on position.)
8. Single tap Division card for easier access to abilities.
9. Remove Hive encounter decks from the center stacks. (Unnecessary visual noise / zero functionality)
10. Improved Menu navigation (ever hear of a back button?)
11. Please remove those awful slide-in menu animations. (I just want to get in, game, get out, repeat)
12. Lose the intro video. (Maybe move it to the tutorial or rules screen)

I think this app has a lot of potential. Keep it up and you can nudge this app from passible to good. And hopefully from good to great. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Salazar
msg tools
mb
I sure hope they can implement the suggestions seen directly above my post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LotusMartini wrote:

Hey Lucas!

First of all, double kudos. One for the great app, I have really enjoyed playing it and I didn't really know about the game before, and second for coming to the source and getting inputs. This shows commitment for a good game.

1. I think the two finger drag, which is used quite often, is awkward, specially for iPhone. I would rather have one finger drag and two-click pop-up
2. When I'll use an ability on a card (Militia for reducing costs, for example), I would the card clicked to be shown and a confirmation. Often I will check a card to see if that's actually the one I want to target and end up using the power anyway.
3. Please, please, undo buttons.
4. Some way to see my hand other than only the hover. Also, a button to play all Xenosathem would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a Mac Version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reclaimer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played in solo mode on the easiest difficulty a bunch of times and finally just won. At least I think so, either I won or the game froze because I killed the last enemy and....nothing happened, it just stopped there and my only option was to abandon from the menu. Anyone else have this problem? Did I win or was this a glitch? I'm used to Star Realms giving me fireworks when I win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just released the Android version too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it play cross-platform?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Martini
msg tools
Yes, multiplayer is cross-platform, but Android and iOS aren't on the same version as of today.
In a few days this should be corrected though (Apple needs to approve 1.0.5) and from then on we will keep them version-synched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LotusMartini wrote:
Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions

If you manage to get enough xenosathem to purchase a hand of 12 cards, the 12th card in your hand will cover the "DONE" button and you cannot move onto the deployment phase. I had to abandon my game on wave 8. Sort of sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.