United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Leader should be +1, judging by the picture.

Thanks for doing this! You're really keeping the hype train going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this game is awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 6
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:
Dark Leader should be +1, judging by the picture.

corrected.

gatesphere wrote:
Thanks for doing this! You're really keeping the hype train going!

Hey, thanks! Yah, I've really been enjoying this game. Hope it catches on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:

Dark Leader: 1G Evil Human Champion 4/4

"AmbushBlitz"
"Your other human champions have +1 and are also evil."
"[Expend Power] : Put a human token into play."

Is this the first known "Evil Human Champion" from Epic?
"also" means that most of the rest of Humans (by defualt Good) will be Good And Evil so will be affected by abilities that work with either of factions such as "Break targer evil Champion" and "All your good champions have Righteous".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
Is this the first known "Evil Human Champion" from Epic?

Well theres The Dark Assassin - Evil Human Champion and Murderous Necromancer - Evil Human Mage Champion.
There's also Keeper of Secrets and Forcemage Apprentice repping Sage. And Fire Shaman for Wild.

And then there's the recently announced evil champion
Corpse Taker: 0G Evil Human Champion 1/1

"Tribute → You may return target 1G champion card from your discard pile to you hand."
"[Expend Power] : Banish target card from any discard pile."

so not all humans align themselves with good. just most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be curious to see the ruling on ally ability activation when a 1G non-evil Human champion is deployed with Dark Leader already in play. The possibility to trigger two separate alignment's ally abilities at once could become a very powerful play.

However, as of now, a 1G non-evil Human champion hasn't been introduced. Could this be on purpose to avoid this situation from ever occurring?...very interesting.

Even so, Infernal Gatekeeper seems to be the only released card with an evil ally ability, so the possibility for a multi-alignment ally trigger is rather slim to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
I'd be curious to see the ruling on ally ability activation when a 1G non-evil Human champion is deployed with Dark Leader already in play. The possibility to trigger two separate alignment's ally abilities at once could become a very powerful play.

However, as of now, a 1G non-evil Human champion hasn't been introduced. Could this be on purpose to avoid this situation from ever occurring?...very interesting.

Even so, Infernal Gatekeeper seems to be the only released card with an evil ally ability, so the possibility for a multi-alignment ally trigger is rather slim to begin with.

I am 99% sure of this, and will confirm after our post-GenCon rest day (today)... Dark Leader impacts cards that are in play, not those that are being played and not those that are in your hand or discard pile. Why does this matter? Ally Abilities look at what the card is when it was played, not once it has already entered play. So no multi-faction Ally triggers are happening here.

For a more-obvious example: Lets say we had a champion in play that said "Your champions have +10 offense" and another one that said "When you play a champion with 10 offense or more -> Gain 2 health." If you played Fire Shaman, you would not get the trigger -- it doesn't have +10 offense yet. Does that make sense?

- Nathan Davis
Editor, Manager, and 100% right 99% of the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
I am 99% sure of this, and will confirm after our post-GenCon rest day (today)... Dark Leader impacts cards that are in play, not those that are being played and not those that are in your hand or discard pile. Why does this matter? Ally Abilities look at what the card is when it was played, not once it has already entered play. So no multi-faction Ally triggers are happening here.

For a more-obvious example: Lets say we had a champion in play that said "Your champions have +10 offense" and another one that said "When you play a champion with 10 offense or more -> Gain 2 health." If you played Fire Shaman, you would not get the trigger -- it doesn't have +10 offense yet. Does that make sense?

- Nathan Davis
Editor, Manager, and 100% right 99% of the time

Thanks for the response Nathan. The ruling makes sense for the sake of simplicity. The double ally trigger would have been a fun sneaky combo to try to pull off in constructed. I'm sure there's plenty of those moments left in the full game for us to eventually discover and exploit.
Please enjoy what's left of your post-GenCon rest day. I look forward to hearing whether or not your 1% of uncertainty was warranted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I double-checked this morning, and my instinct was correct. Dark Leader (and other similar cards) do not impact cards as they are being played, only after they have entered play. And since Ally Abilities look for cards that are being played, no double-alignment Ally Ability triggers are happening.

- Nathan
Waiting for abilities that trigger on a card being considered for play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.