Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the theme and look of the game. Just wondering if you have any reviews coming? So to get some kind of idea of how others think of the gameplay etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I had the same thoughts. Your Kickstarter campaign page should really have some previews from respected reviewers up, if you want some people to pledge.

We've been stung by sub-par miniatures-based Kickstarters before. Never again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme and minis have me drooling, but I need to know I'm not buying a $140 dollar box of crap.

Just give me a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, as I've mentioned in another thread, is it just a rethemed Zombicide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad it's not just me that's thinking this.

The artwork looks great. The game looks like it's dripping with theme (and I love a horror theme). The miniatures look cool, but how does the game actually play?! I want to how how the game plays before I part with my hard-earned cash.

Their KS page does say that they are "preparing an animated video with explanation of key mechanics". It can't come soon enough for me.

Having said all this, the game is currently 295% funded on KS! So there's obviously a lot of folks who have seen enough already to be convinced to get onboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great theme and good looking miniatures... Do we need anything more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the theme and the miniatures look great, but how a game actually plays is still the most important thing to me. If the gameplay is poor then it doesn't matter how gorgeous a game is to look at. I like to see videos to give me more of a feel for a game. This game is too much money for me to pledge when I don't know how the game plays. That's just how I feel They look like they're doing fine without me anyway

(Also I've recently backed 4 other games on KS so I need to be quite strict in my choices for a bit!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest update they posted a "rules outline": https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/lobotomy-boa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They posted some vague information about the gameplay in the latest update.

Unfortunately, it looks a little sketchy. There were misspellings, and some minor contradictions. For instance, they say that the scenarios are random, but then shortly after, they say that the scenarios are derived from the choice of board tiles. Which is it? Random or chosen?

I'm hoping the problems are due to the language barrier, but to get $200+ out of me, the gameplay video is going to have to be damned impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules outline. Mechanically, it's the familiar skill checks and rolling dice to hit. Thematically, it's pretty immersive, with resulting complexity. The game has skill cards, item cards, search cards ("memories"), events ("movement cards") etc. which add to the complexity. It reminds me of FFG games, although I think Lobotomy's rules may be more intuitive.

The only game released by the designers is Armymals. The game's quite different from Lobotomy and there aren't many in-depth reviews or comments. You can always wait until retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:

Woahyeah -- Dark Darker Darkest Rule set was for crap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Thompson-Wood
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, like many on this thread my finger is hovering over the "donate" button, but I need to be convinced a bit more before I hit that button. Spelling mistakes of words like "lose" (spelled "loose" on one of the cards) are a sign that things are not as tight and well planned as they should be.

Love the theme, love the idea, but still skeptical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Remember the creators are from Poland I believe, English is not their first language I would guess. Loose and Lose isn't a big deal in the big scheme.

themanfromsaturn wrote:
For instance, they say that the scenarios are random, but then shortly after, they say that the scenarios are derived from the choice of board tiles. Which is it? Random or chosen?

Seems pretty obvious they mean either. You can randomly pick or choose if you like with some tiles being required for certain scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
I stick to my pledge for now.
But there's The Others coming this September, and that's an Eric M Lang game with minis that seem to have been drawn out of a Clive Barker book by Adrian Smith sooooo...

I definitely think a gameplay video will soon be needed cause getting both the monsters will need me to have more incentives than I've already had...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree on the need for a video synopsis/play through or an independent review.

And, with the tip from Bruno about the forthcoming The Others, the pressure has been amped a bit on choices and fund$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Dancy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me its made its already kickstarter goal so it doesn't need my money, its getting made regardless. I can now just hold off now until its released and the reviews come in to make an informed decision but the theme and look seems very cool and interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah where are the reviews !!! Get me back in the game man !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
They just revealed a Jack Nicholson (The Shining) mini too.

:zombie:

SUre looks great and all that (I loved the Sucker Punch mini)

But no way I can afford that money on a game I know basically nothing of gamewise.

Sorry to say that but Eric Lang's records of late (and they are many) make The Others a much more promising prospect gamewise until further developments...

The only thing that allows me to doubt is that they are Polish and I tend to have a VERY positive bias towards Polish/eastern Europe designers (Trewiczek, Oracz, Chvatil, Koniekza...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArkhamUK wrote:
For me its made its already kickstarter goal so it doesn't need my money, its getting made regardless. I can now just hold off now until its released and the reviews come in to make an informed decision but the theme and look seems very cool and interesting.

Agreed. I think I'll wait for it to be released, get some reviews and then if it's good, hope it's available in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:

Yeah a good game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm passing. I'll save my money for The Others
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darla wrote:
ArkhamUK wrote:

Agreed. I think I'll wait for it to be released, get some reviews and then if it's good, hope it's available in the UK.

Haha I hope you got that it was irony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Lorenzo
Spain
Los Santos de la Humosa
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They posted a video tutorial:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/lobotomy-boa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video tutorial gave enough information to keep me very excited about the game. I'll definitely keep my pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think the ganmeplay video was way too simple. they need either a real gameplay video or to give more updates with more details..

they said lockers and doors can be locked, but the gameplya talks abuot rolling for imagination, nothing regarding lock/unlock when opening locker..

and like others said, too many vague rules.

I LOVE the theme, to me is the hidden SH videogame... but some rules details explanations, to ease us, to know that this game actually works no just look pretty.

Also, how does enemy scale? seem to have stronger monster in sequence scenarios, but does that mean "scavegers" (seem the weakers) cant spam in later scenarios? doesnt the movement cards spam any monster? do we modified this deck as we go? (how it only hvae 40 cards with SG? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.