Clue» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Ms. Scarlet Vs. Prof. Plum (2 player Clue) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
flag msg tools
The other day, I got to play some games with my girlfriend. One of the games she brought over was Clue, a game she likes a lot and that I had only played once (in the 5th grade). We played a 2-player variant where we both started with 5 cards and each room, except the ballroom, had a card on it, face down. Upon entering a room, you could either make a suggestion or look at the card in the room. She chose to be Ms. Scarlet, because she always picked her when she was a kid (she thought she was pretty) and I chose Professor Plum, because he seemed like a smart guy.

We played two games. They were pretty much a race from room to room, looking at the clues, and making suggestions when we started visiting rooms we had already been in. During the first game, we didn't keep track of what rooms we visited, so we both wasted a few turns looking at clues we already had seen. During the second game, I kept track of rooms visited on my paper, so I wouldn't waste any turns looking at clues. She made a lucky guess as to the killer in the second game; she accused herself of the murder, when she hadn't seen all of the clue cards. Her feeling that she killed someone last night without remembering it was correct. My girlfriend ended up winning both games, beating me in the race to the rooms and figuring out what cards I was holding by her suggestions.

I found the game to be pretty fun, even though it was 2-player Clue, and part of the game was a roll-and-move race. I look forward to making more 2/3 player variant rules to try out in the future.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.