Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
From today's TMG newsletter:

Quote:
Colosseum
Wolfgang Kramer is a game design genius. Or at least that is what his games tell me, and last year at Essen Spiele, Mischa and I got the opportunity to sit down with him. Now, I rarely get nervous about interacting with specific individuals (or Starstruck) but this was one of those rare times.

Shortly after introductions, I expressed my love for El Grande while trying not to go on and on about it. Anyways, we chatted for awhile, got to know each other and discussed the game business. He reminds me a lot of people that are in my family.

Over the next several months after Essen, we expressed our interest in reprinting Colosseum. With it passing from Days of Wonder back to the designers, he might have expected nobody to want the game. Because how would anybody really expect to provide an experience that is as good as Days of Wonder?

Well, we are attempting to answer that question with an Emperor's Edition. This will be something like a collector's edition at a higher price and with higher quality components. With the cost of manufacturing being so high on such a game, we will be Kickstarting the game.

We currently have it on our schedule for Kickstarting October 27th through November 13th.

Here is the link to get a text message when the Kickstarter launches.

LINK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Niekamp
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat me to it by minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilan Vonderwalde
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY exciting news! I just hope it will still be affordable with the manufacturing costs being so high.

Definitely writing these dates in my calendar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, ninja'd on thread creation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyMostlyDead wrote:
Bah, ninja'd on thread creation.

But you have the better title and all the comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Au
United States
Mineola
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this in the recent newsletter 10/29/15

P.S. - If you are looking forward to the Colosseum Kickstarter, we have decided to move the launch of that into 2016. More about that to come in the next newsletter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saucau22 wrote:

P.S. - If you are looking forward to the Colosseum Kickstarter, we have decided to move the launch of that into 2016. More about that to come in the next newsletter.

That works for my. Scythe, Headspace RPG, and Monster Truck Mayhem (on top of Secret Santa) are going to tap me out.

Glad I will have some recovery time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demetri Ballas
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes complete sense to wait on the reprint with all the monster Kickstarters that are out right now. The Others just finished, Scythe is happening, etc. I have no doubt that Colosseum would make its funding based on its pedigree alone, but it'll likely do a lot better when the storm blows over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saucau22 wrote:

Ah dang it. I hope they will have gencon pickup then because I'll actually be there for the first time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.