GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Milk of the Poppy on my opponent's character. I will always own Milk of the Poppy, but since I played it into his area, he controls it.

I play Take the Black on that character. The character is now under my control, but Milk of the Poppy is still under my opponent's control.

I win an attacking challenge with Rattleshirt's Raiders and discard Milk of the Poppy because my opponent controls it.

Is this all correct? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
since I played it into his area, he controls it.

This part is incorrect. The rules reference, under Ownership and Control, reads: "Cards by default enter play under their owner’s control." And under Attachment Cards: "An attachment a player controls remains under his or her control even if the card or game element to which it is attached is under an opponent’s control." So you control your Milk of the Poppy, even if (as you typically will) you play it on an opponent's character.

If the Milk had been played by the opponent himself (or perhaps by a second opponent), then your other two statements look correct.

ETA: Cards with forced reactions, like Ser Jorah Mormont or some in the upcoming chapter packs, are examples of instances when you might want to Poppy your own character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I misunderstood that part.

So, I can just use Rattleshirt's Raiders to get rid of a Milk of the Poppy played against me! Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.