GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Churchill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Front Resolution Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a specified order the Fronts should be resolved?

One of the Japan surrender conditions is triggered if Germany surrendered in the current conference, so I'm assuming Europe needs to be accomplished first. I don't know of any other instance where it matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilkinson
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:

One of the Japan surrender conditions is triggered if Germany surrendered in the current conference, so I'm assuming Europe needs to be accomplished first. I don't know of any other instance where it matters.

We've been playing it as all fronts are advancing simultaneously--so it doesn't matter the order in which they advance. At the end of each conference, each front has the opportunity to advance. Even if Germany and/or Japan surrenders, all the other fronts still have the opportunity to advance to finish out the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't check for the Germany/Japanese surrender until the very end of the conference (after all front movement) in the Post-Mortem phase (8.0), so it's a null point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Bridger wrote:
You don't check for the Germany/Japanese surrender until the very end of the conference (after all front movement) in the Post-Mortem phase (8.0), so it's a null point.

Except that 8.0 doesn't say that. It talks about what happens (by the time you get to 8.0) if both axis powers have surrendered, and it talks about what you do if only one has surrendered (move to next conference), but it doesn't address at all the OP's question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:

The order of advancing didn´t matter because you check surrender in 7.8, after all the fronts advanced, and in 7.8 says that you check the German surrender first.

The order of advancing would matter to 9.4 K and L, but it´s cleary say that if both spaces are entered in the same conference the UK and US didn´t gain extra points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.