Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign went live today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1580013233/flee-the-sce...

If you have any questions regarding the rules, please feel free to ask here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the kickstarter page you have one of the vehicles being returned to your personal supply but in the rule book you don't. The Kickstarter page is much clearer than the actual rule book. The illustrated pictures make it easier to comprehend.
(found it on another freaking page but that split of the rule explination is really annoying, I have several games that do it and it makes me angry every time)

And are you only allowed to go from one side to the other, no back and forth nonsense?? So if I leave it half and half it limits the move options of the player after me??

And just a side thought, a light box outline on either side of the arrows for movement, might make it easier for some to comprehend, I know some people that need a definate space to move from and definate space to move to.

I understand your narrative style for rules explanation, a bullet box or something that will let me find the rule and save me reading the whole rules example and narrative would be great, its whats missing from Shipwrights, the first read through is great but digging out a certain rule mechanic in all the text is blehhhh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems you've answered a lot of your questions already. Each turn players get 3 vehicles on the board + 1 of their own. So leaving half on each side of the arrows has no effect. Players should just push them all to one side before taking any actions on their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
It seems you've answered a lot of your questions already. Each turn players get 3 vehicles on the board + 1 of their own. So leaving half on each side of the arrows has no effect. Players should just push them all to one side before taking any actions on their turn.

Ah see I wouldn't play it that way unless told. I would assume you could only use one side or the other, and then have to go check a FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:

You answered this same question for me on Kickstarter this morning. I have to agree with Chance, it's not clear that the vehicle pool resets so that they're all on the same side at the start of each player's turn.

I'm not sure the two way arrows help to be honest, if it was only one way, or one way straight with a looping arrow back (a sort of semi circle arrow is what I'm thinking) that might be clearer that it "resets" each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shem, I have a question about the mission cards. Do the cards discarded from initial setup or used for Zeppelin movement get shuffled back as a new draw pile after the original pile is exhausted? In a 5 player game without zeppelins we nearly got through all the mission cards before someone reached 13+ points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they can be reshuffled. This would be very rare. It did occur to me that 5 players with the airships could make this more likely though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! We all enjoyed the game and the final score was 15-13-12-10-8. Merry Xmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shem,

Just played again tonight and I started over on the red side. A spent a large number of moves trying to get a red starting city for a mission. Never got one and at the end of the game I went through the card distribution and found only 4 where 4 starting places compared to 11 for Blue.

Just wondering why so few?

It was a fun game which I won in the end - lots of air ship use.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Peter. That would be because there's 4 blue museums, but only 2 red ones. There are 45 mission cards (1 for each city). When creating the missions, I had to create 45 different paths that didn't overlap too much - meaning players couldn't just grab 3 almost identical missions and easily complete them. Granted, there are some that work better together than others though. I hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. That makes sense.

Lots of fun and the second game in as many days on holiday. Using the agents and airships really adds to the game.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pearce
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I played tonight I went on the south to hand in a item, but the other players took control of the ship tokens and essentially stranded me there. I had multiple cards that required me north of the water and no way of getting there. It went about six rounds with me stranded, until someone finally was kind enough to end my misery. But this is a position that is very easy to find yourself in - especially if you don't use the airships (which I don't, usually). At least I had the full run of the blue area, so I could get more cards - but what if I was stranded on an island? With only ships allowing you off - this would essentially allow someone to control the game. Is this an oversight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use any two vehicles for any other one vehicle. So you can always move at least two ship routes. Eg: one truck and three trains could be used as two ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pearce
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, much obliged - I hadn't read or realized that was the case and had you not replied that - I would have suggested that very idea for a variant or if you ever did a second printing. We still enjoyed the game - and I still came away with the win, so it's all good. Considering this - I might do a review now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan DeBardeleben
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: when playing with the black figures (Interpol), it says you cannot move into a space where they are. But can another player move them into your space? We weren't sure if that was a legal move. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Interpol Agents can enter any city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to drop / replace missions you have started or are you stuck with them until completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule for this. So I would say agree with your group whether you think it is ok for players to do this or not. It seems more detrimental to throw them away though, since you've already spend actions starting the missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.