GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,401 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

One Night Ultimate Vampire» Forums » General

Subject: I don't get the sign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't get the sign. I love the One Night series and I'd love to get the box and sleeves, but I just can't bring myself to pay for a sign that I really don't want and must be a big factor in shipping costs.

I understand why Ted doesn't want to do add ons, the logistics are horrible, but certainly for me there's money being left on the table as I don't feel any of the bigger packages give me value for money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same way.

I have the base game and just ordered the bonus pack online.

I want the new game (of course) and I am missing Daybreak. I am also interested in getting another copy of the base game as a gift.

BUT both the base game and Daybreak are on amazon right now for $18 a piece (give or take)

So we are looking at:

$25 for Vampire (plus the stretch goals)
$19 for DayBreak (on Amazon as of today)
$17 for Base game (On Amazon as of today)
$13 for Bonus Pack (which I don't need)
$25 for Mat (Honestly, I can take it or leave it and it is available in the store right now for this much)
$20 for Sleeves (very pricy for 50 sleeves, but okay and available on their site)

Total coming to 119

Box + Sign = $50

KickStarter $150 + $20 Shipping

I am better off getting just the new game and piece mealing the rest.

However since the box is the kickstarter exclusive, all of the extra I am paying for everything (Which I include as the cost of the Bonus pack and the sign) is basically what I am paying for the box.

So, to me, the bow is worth the $50 and the sign is just a freebie I dont want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Matsunaga
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like both of you should just buy ONUV, and then order any additional items you might want directly from beziergames.com/ internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of what i am saying too...

...except for the box, the box is KS only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the sign is funny, but I don't have a place to put it. My wife would kill me if I put that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
A new stretch reward was just announced for an alternate sign if the game gets to 3,000 backers.

I like this sign much better and I feel much better about my pledge level backing....

... or at least I will once it gets to 3K backers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new sign does look better and I'm glad they offered it in place of the original one. I think going forward, it makes more sense to include something that can be used with the game besides a sign. Maybe include some of the previous place mats or the original or new T-shirt(s), both beats a sign, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
The new sign is better, but still not worth $30-ish it would cost me (including shipping) to me.

It's actually quite frustrating that the reason there's so few reward levels is to reduce the logistics involved, but at a stroke three more permutations have come in, and they don't really offer much more choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X X
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to back the box pledge as well but factoring both the cost of the mat (already have the Daybreak mat and one mat is enough for me) and the sign is keeping me from backing it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huntley
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralsar wrote:
I think the sign is funny, but I don't have a place to put it. My wife would kill me if I put that up.

The real question is, are you a vampire or werewolf? Then the killing is justified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the opposite. I really don't need the wooden box, but would love to have the sign (either or both.) I run UW at conventions and the signs would make a great bit of set dressing.

Anybody in the Chicago (or SE Wisconsin) area willing to sell/trade me their sign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this campaign without add-ons now has an add-on, and it's the other sign...

Is that really the add-on people are clamouring for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
az933k wrote:
I feel the same way.

I have the base game and just ordered the bonus pack online.

I want the new game (of course) and I am missing Daybreak. I am also interested in getting another copy of the base game as a gift.

BUT both the base game and Daybreak are on amazon right now for $18 a piece (give or take)

So we are looking at:

$25 for Vampire (plus the stretch goals)
$19 for DayBreak (on Amazon as of today)
$17 for Base game (On Amazon as of today)
$13 for Bonus Pack (which I don't need)
$25 for Mat (Honestly, I can take it or leave it and it is available in the store right now for this much)
$20 for Sleeves (very pricy for 50 sleeves, but okay and available on their site)

Total coming to 119

Box + Sign = $50

I am better off getting just the new game and piece mealing the rest.

However since the box is the kickstarter exclusive, all of the extra I am paying for everything (Which I include as the cost of the Bonus pack and the sign) is basically what I am paying for the box.

So, to me, the bow is worth the $50 and the sign is just a freebie I dont want

Don't forget that the stretch goals of the present campaign will later be available as another bonus pack, just like the first bonus pack is the stretch goals from the ONUWD campaign, so effectively +$13 value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
aelfric_brewer wrote:

Don't forget that the stretch goals of the present campaign will later be available as another bonus pack, just like the first bonus pack is the stretch goals from the ONUWD campaign, so effectively +$13 value.

Good Catch. Lets try this again:

$25 for Vampire
$13 for Bonus Pack 2
$18 for DayBreak (on Amazon Update as of today)
$18 for Base game (on Amazon Update as of today)
$13 for Bonus Pack 1 (which I don't need)
$25 for Mat (I would like the Mat better if I could pick the one I want of the 3)
$25 For Sign
$25 For Box (difference between the $100 and $150 dollar tier is just the box and the sign. therefore if the sign costs $25 then so does the box)

Total coming to 182

Since shipping on their website is free in the US and those games on Amazon have Prime Shipping (I have Prime so free shipping) the total cost to buy everything individually is $12 more outside of KS plus I would have to wait a few extra months.

I can try to sell Bonus Pack 1 on ebay but since it is available on their website, I would have to sell it for less than $13 including shipping (3.99 shipping in US, there goes my $12 savings plus 2 extra dollars).

I can try to sell the sign on ebay for 24.95 plus shipping but I don't know how much demand there will be fore it as many people don't want it in the first place and will be trying to do the same thing, flooding the market.

So the cost of the box is not $25, it is $25 plus $5* plus $10** minus $12***

Total cost of the box is $28

*Bonus Pack 1: -$13 (Estimated Value) + $12 (Market Value) - $4 (Shipping)
**Sign: - $25 (Estimated Value) + $15 (Perceived Market Value) (Buyer pays shipping)
***Savings From Bundling on KickStarter

I also thought about the inevitable discount Amazon will take off of Vampire when it hits shelves but if it follows the trend of the other 2, the discount is about ~$7 and that to me is worth getting it early

I also though about the perceived value of the app upgrades that are being added, and while they are cool (and some are badly needed) without my support, we would still have those upgrades

$28 is just at the threshold of what i would pay for that box

There. There is my Math justifications for backing KS at my current level.

I am not really getting a discount like with other kickstarters, I am getting an exclusive box for exactly what I would perceive to pay for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.