GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: new to the game, getting crushed as free people. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Hello I recently got the game and I have played 2 games so far, one being the shadow player and one as Free people. The first time as shadow player it went pretty smooth for me, I took all gondor from my friend and he wasnt able to do a lot. second time I played as FP, and it went kind of the same way, he didnt conquer everything but it was pretty clear he had a huge advantage over me so I just resigned. Moving the fellowship also seemed a little bit hard since he was getting a lot of dice on the hunt box plus he was getting really lucky with the dice. I clearly made some mistakes, but what is a good strategy for the FP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
rotting rubbish heap of a world
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a gander over here http://www.warofthering.eu/tacticsoverview.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeegen wrote:

This is good information, I'm looking forward to the expanded strategy guides that will come with the Anniversary Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
yup this are actually pretty good, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhardt Schroeder
msg tools
mbmb
Also it sounds like the FP might be giving up too easily. Many games the FP lose all of Gondor but still win the game. You just need the FP nations to hold out long enough to get the ring to Mordor, and the pace at which FP territory is falling should inform your risk tolerance in terms of how fast to move the fellowship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.