Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sails of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for a game to use all my Pirates of the Spanish Main ships. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I was thinking about getting the base set of Sails of Glory, and then instead of useing the 4 ships, put my Spanish Main ships on top of the templates. This would provide me a whole HOST of ships to play with, the issue is that I would not have the ship cards and stats.

Even though the old Spanish Main ships are clunky, and plastic, I do have several Hundred of them sitting around.

Are the ship cards and stats available seperately Like in the WW1 game that had a bunch of planes in the ACES packs. (If not are they on the internet somewhere?) I know LITKO makes a lot of accessories, but I dont know if you can buy the ship holders on their own.

I cant have been the only person who has thought of this. Has anyone else already done this?

Thanks,
Irishman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maneuver cards and ship stats come with the ship models. If you are crafty and have lots of time you could work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah.. i could im sure download ship stats for published ships, the manuver cards would be difficult to replicate. But do you need multiple manuver decks? Do you have to have one per ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One set per ship. You can get away with fewer but it gets tricky. Also, there are four sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the ship bases with specialized firing arcs and the multiple maneuvering decks for the various ships, this is not the rule set that I would go with if I were adapting PotSM ships to other rule sets for simplicity' sake.

Have you considered:
Fire as She Bears
Form Line of Battle
Heart of Oak (heavy)
Fighting Sail: Fleet Actions 1775–1815 (I haven't seen the rules but it is new and I keep thinking I'll get it)

I'm drawing a blank on another ruleset that I like by...hmmm...Mann?

Various rules:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/37352/sea-warfare-age-sai...?

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/5012/item/797880#item7978...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Start with WS&IM or Close Action, and find a large hex map. I have not played most of the rules on those lists, but do enjoy Fire as She Bears. I recently acquired Signal Close Action and found them too complicated for my taste. I recently played the new Fighting Sail rules from Osprey and liked most of it but prefer SoG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.