Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up and comes with both promo cards! Go get it!

I've been hitting F5 on the 'In Stock' page for 3 days now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and Bought! Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order placed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Brock
United States
Mount Gay
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got one. thanks for the update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already sold out!

Kidding!

Here's a direct link:

GenCon Twilight Knight

(although as of this edit it really is sold out… click anyway, who knows if it might be back soon?!)

(and it's back! for how long who knows?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered! Don't know what I'll do with the model but I NEEDED those promo cards. Can't let my collection be even a little bit incomplete!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Arosio
Italy
Biassono
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one too! I don't really like resin minis so this being hard plastic was a no brainer buy for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Jobe
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
Complaint about a dead Norwegian Blue parrot !
mbmbmbmbmb
Got them ! Thanks! Now watch the Ebay price plummet !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I've been obsessively refreshing the page as well. I noticed something was up earlier in the day when they re-organized the item in the "in stock" page to make the boxed set pre-order be on top. Now BOOM! Twilight Knight Scifi Pinup and gear cards! Huzzah. Scored.

Funny how it's not listing a set number of knights left before sellout. Guess hard plastic is easier to do another run in so they don't need to set a hard limit?

By the way, I found this curious:

re: the gear cards: "one of which will best be utilized later in your settlement's campaign as it's quite strong!"

Which do you think is the one he is referring to? Perhaps the dying lantern, with its +3 Insanity? Perhaps later in your settlement's phase you'll have more items like the ChristmAxe that are more effective depending on how insane the character is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
Yeah I've been obsessively refreshing the page as well. I noticed something was up earlier in the day when they re-organized the item in the "in stock" page to make the boxed set pre-order be on top. Now BOOM! Twilight Knight Scifi Pinup and gear cards! Huzzah. Scored.

Funny how it's not listing a set number of knights left before sellout. Guess hard plastic is easier to do another run in so they don't need to set a hard limit?

re: the gear cards: "one of which will best be utilized later in your settlement's campaign as it's quite strong!"

Which do you think is the one he is referring to? Perhaps the dying lantern, with its +3 Insanity? Perhaps later in your settlement's phase you'll have more items like the ChristmAxe that are more effective depending on how insane the character is?

When I read this the first thing that came to my mind was that lion attack in one of the videos which did brain damage directly (so insanity defense). Therefore, I'm guessing some of the harder monsters have much greater attacks on the brain where insanity will come in handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:

I think it's the Vibrant Lantern that is the more powerful one, for a few reasons.

1. It seems many more people were killed by the Lion than defeated it, so it makes sense that the harder-to-obtain promo card (The Vibrant Lantern) would be more powerful

2. There have been several comments from Adam that metal is hard to come by and one of the most precious resources. I think the Broken Lantern you can gain by archiving the Vibrant Lantern is a rarer resource.

3. There are tons of gear pieces and events we've seen that raise insanity, so not sure how uncommon that ability on the Dying Lantern is

As far as whether Evasion or Accuracy is more powerful is hard to tell. Evasion makes it so that the Monster's "To Hit" value goes up by one point, and Accuracy makes it so that the Survivor's "To Hit" value goes down by one point.

It seems that the Monster hits quite frequently, and that the Survivors hit more rarely, so it seems like a wash to me from that perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vikings40 wrote:
Got them ! Thanks! Now watch the Ebay price plummet !

Yea, a lot of the ebay auctions failed to mention that only the "debut" of the miniature was Gencon exclusive. I emailed several of them to make sure they understood that their auctions were questionably worded to put it lightly. Responses included a couple that said they didn't care and one who flat out lied and said the mini wouldn't be on the website for over 3 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Louie
United States
Renton
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inner Geek wrote:
It's up and comes with both promo cards! Go get it!

I've been hitting F5 on the 'In Stock' page for 3 days now...

Thank you for this!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
Perhaps later in your settlement's phase you'll have more items like the ChristmAxe that are more effective depending on how insane the character is?

The Gloom Katana has a to damage roll based on your insanity and which increases your insanity as you carry it. Since you make those by killing Slendermen, I'd suspect them of being reasonably late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Miller
msg tools
Huzzah, I was this close to buying a set of the promo cards off ebay. Made a reasonable offer close to the BIN price but I guess the seller didn't think it was high enough or was holding out for more. Now I can get multiple sets with the mini to boot. Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Zephyr40k wrote:
Perhaps later in your settlement's phase you'll have more items like the ChristmAxe that are more effective depending on how insane the character is?

The Gloom Katana has a to damage roll based on your insanity and which increases your insanity as you carry it. Since you make those by killing Slendermen, I'd suspect them of being reasonably late game.

Keep in mind, more Insanity, does not mean better survivor… Too much insanity can hinder some of the outcomes.

That, and there's a card that was shown off in the SlenderMan update.
I think it was called "Hounds"

"Any survivor with 15+ Insanity dies instantly."

Pod Imprisonment:

"Place a Survivor on this card, and reduce their Insanity to 0"
At the start of your act "Dark Place" Story Event

(this card interacts with the Ensnare Trait - where a survivor must roll a d10 and match or exceed their current insanity, or get a lantern 10, or else they gain Pod Imprisonment)

And these cards are just the ones that's been showed off…

So stoked to watch my survivors die by the waning lantern light…...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
This makes me so happy.

Kingdom Death makes me so happy.

Adam makes me so happy.

Haha. Can't wait for this, Wave 1 and Wave 2 (and eventually Wave 3) to come in. Gotta get all my modeling tools ready to build all this good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeKiyoshi wrote:
This makes me so happy.

Kingdom Death makes me so happy.

Adam makes me so happy.

Haha. Can't wait for this, Wave 1 and Wave 2 (and eventually Wave 3) to come in. Gotta get all my modeling tools ready to build all this good stuff.

Actually, for those of us who have not worked with minis on sprues before, could someone put together a list of items to make sure we pick up before hand to prep and assemble all these bad boys (and girls)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Weber
United States
Schuamburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Off the top of my head, you'll need at least..

Sprue Cutters
Files
Super Glue

I would also recommend..

Xacto Knife
Reverse Action Tweezers
Helping Hands with Magnifying Glass

These models are *small*. I've started putting together some of the Pin-Ups and Death and I don't think I could do it without the tweezers and magnifying glass. Speaking of, a few notes. The alligator clamps on my helping hands (a cheap pair from local hobby shop) are a bit strong and can leave small indents in the plastic of the miniature. I still need to look into a solution (reversing clamps or adding a bit of padding will probably work fine). Also, I highly suggest *reverse action* tweezers. This kind of tweezer keeps itself closed, making you apply pressure to open them. I tried with regular tweezers and kept dropping things.

And if you are going to paint the miniatures, you should probably get some green stuff too to fill up any gaps.

You can get most, if not all, of this stuff at The War Store. Helping hands are pretty cheap on Amazon too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ugh, I really want the cards but there's no way I'm giving money to support those hideous pin-ups.

Ah, well, I have one of them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a lot of plastic minis building over the years. Here is what I use...

Clippers for removing parts from the sprue - These can be expensive side-cutters or just some nail clippers. I would recommend not cutting the sprue right against the miniature part, leave a little 'nub'.

Exacto blade for trimming parts - These are found in most hobby stores. You can use these to finish off those 'nubs' the clippers left and to remove any mold lines (raised areas where the molds came together and left a line)

Small hobby files - Optional, can help with 'nubs' and mold lines. Found at hobby stores.

Plastic Cement - I would use this over 'super glue' 11 times out of 10 for hard plastic minis. It will hold better and is made for plastic. Tamiya make a thin plastic cement that is excellent, but plain old Testors brand can be found at most hobby shops. Use it sparingly.

That will get you minis that are off the sprue, trimmed, and assembled.

If you want to paint them I'd recommend a good primer and then acrylic hobby paints (not 'craft paints').

I like the Tamiya Fine Gray primer and use it on any miniature I really care about. Practice on some scrap sprue first if you aren't familiar with using spray primer. Hobby paints include GW, Privateer Press, Reaper (my favorite), and Vallejo among others. They all need a layer of primer to go on. They are all water based and reasonably safe, but don't lick your brush just in case. Brushes are hard to explain. In general the more you spend the better the brush, but it's hard to accept that as a beginner. I waited over 20 years before buying a brush that cost over $10. But wow, what a difference a good brush can make. Kolinksy red sable brushes are popular with minis painters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
rotting rubbish heap of a world
mbmbmbmbmb
The Inner Geek wrote:
I've done a lot of plastic minis building over the years. Here is what I use...

Clippers for removing parts from the sprue - These can be expensive side-cutters or just some nail clippers. I would recommend not cutting the sprue right against the miniature part, leave a little 'nub'.

Exacto blade for trimming parts - These are found in most hobby stores. You can use these to finish off those 'nubs' the clippers left and to remove any mold lines (raised areas where the molds came together and left a line)

Small hobby files - Optional, can help with 'nubs' and mold lines. Found at hobby stores.

Plastic Cement - I would use this over 'super glue' 11 times out of 10 for hard plastic minis. It will hold better and is made for plastic. Tamiya make a thin plastic cement that is excellent, but plain old Testors brand can be found at most hobby shops. Use it sparingly.

That will get you minis that are off the sprue, trimmed, and assembled.

If you want to paint them I'd recommend a good primer and then acrylic hobby paints (not 'craft paints').

I like the Tamiya Fine Gray primer and use it on any miniature I really care about. Practice on some scrap sprue first if you aren't familiar with using spray primer. Hobby paints include GW, Privateer Press, Reaper (my favorite), and Vallejo among others. They all need a layer of primer to go on. They are all water based and reasonably safe, but don't lick your brush just in case. Brushes are hard to explain. In general the more you spend the better the brush, but it's hard to accept that as a beginner. I waited over 20 years before buying a brush that cost over $10. But wow, what a difference a good brush can make. Kolinksy red sable brushes are popular with minis painters.

Very good advice! One thing I do is wash the sprues before doing anything to them. It's not always necessary, but some models I have dealt with had some kind of oil on them that is used in the manufacturing process. My fear is this oil will prevent the primer and/or paint from sticking to the model.

Also, for people who have built models for this game, are there really a lot of gaps that need to be filled in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
rotting rubbish heap of a world
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
... those hideous pin-ups.

Not quite how I would describe them, but I can agree to disagree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
....and the Pinup Sci-Fi Twilight Knight is gone from the store now. Glad I picked up two while it was available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
....and the Pinup Sci-Fi Twilight Knight is gone from the store now. Glad I picked up two while it was available.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.