Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to ask about clarification of the rules. Probably, I have not absorbed the rules correctly yet.

First, if I have 'Independent Fire at Will!' and 'Here they come...' cards in my hand, can I use both and do two volleys in the same turn against two different targets?

On the one hand the rules say "When you fire a volley you're discarding a card to perform an Action [I added bold font] against a single, targeted iButho...", while on the other hand the rules say "You can fire more than one Volley per turn". I know that I am limited to one Action per turn, except for free Actions, and I assume that a Volley is not a free action.

Secondly, I'm not clear as to the first movement of the Zulu Victory marker. At Set Up it is between the #0 box and the Ammo / Water Low box. Page 10 says "Move the Zulu Victory marker to the next-lower numbered box."

Thanks for any clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually you will fire only one volley per turn. But certain Hero cards might allow a second volley.
The Ammo/water available square is not part of the Zulu track. The Zulu Victory maker starts on the "0" (Inner perimeter) space. It then moves to the -1 space when barricade is built, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, Rod!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a separate question, which is somewhat related to my first question, above.

Specifically, I am having difficulty reconciling one of the rules with an FAQ item.

In the rules:

"Which Actions are “Free?”

1. Every Hero or Group card’s special
abilities occurring during the Action
Phase (), including their Volleys, are
always free Actions.
"

and, in the Official FAQ (4 August 2010):

"When you use a Hero card as a Volley card, is that
considered a free action?

No. Free actions are “Heroic” actions: Continuous (blue text),
Sacrifice (discard this card to...), and Leadership (return this
card to your hand to...). Using a Hero card as a volley is
never considered a free action.
"

Perhaps there is a fine distinction that eludes me, but the rule and the FAQ seem to contradict each other.

Is the rule (vs the FAQ) referring to volley abilities that are within it's Discard section, as opposed to the 'Volley section' (with buff background) which is above the Discard section?

Is anyone able to un-confuse me about this, please?

Thanks,
Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ralph,
There was a change for the second edition of the game. The FAQ refers to a question asked about the first edition.

In the first edition it is not a free action to use a heroes card for a volley. In the second edition you can use any/all available heroes vollies for free.
Hope that clears it up. So it depends on which version you are playing.

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbetz45453 wrote:
Ralph,
There was a change for the second edition of the game. The FAQ refers to a question asked about the first edition.

In the first edition it is not a free action to use a heroes card for a volley. In the second edition you can use any/all available heroes vollies for free.
Hope that clears it up. So it depends on which version you are playing.

Joe

Many thanks, Joe!!!!!

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow-up question, if I may:

Can I put forward a Hero card AND use his (free) volley on the same turn, or must I wait for the next turn in order to use his volleys for free?

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As long as the hero is available you can use his free volley even if you just put him forward (2nd edition game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.