GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all.

This is a minor concern but I thought I would ask.

I did not notice any rules for combining the decks. It does not say anything like "Add 12 more cards per player." for example.

So for simplicity, I intend to just shuffle both decks together and play with a large deck regardless of the number of players.

My only minor concern is that this can make for a longer game if only 4 people are playing with both decks shuffled as one and all the kittens are near the bottom. You will have many turns one after another with no threat of exploding.

Perhaps this can be mitigated by adding in more kittens to assure the game will not drag on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Pranceless
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
We had shuffled both of our decks together initially, but ended up shuffling in extra exploding kittens to keep it from dragging on, like you mentioned. It worked pretty well, but I think we're just gonna play with one deck or another for simplicity's sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only using one deck here. To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the NSFW deck. I'll probably be getting rid of my copy of that one. As for combining them, I would say that if you do, keep the extra exploding kittens in there or it may take a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I think I will always keep all 8 kittens in the big deck at all times. I enjoy the NSFW deck. A lot of the cards are very amusing.

Thanks for the insight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only been using the NSFW deck. I imagine if you're playing with both, you'd need to add in the extra exploding kittens just to keep the game from dragging. Even then, it might go longer than necessary because there's simply more cards to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake dbp
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing through twice, I like the concept of having an equal number of exploding kittens. There will be one person standing but it's harder to keep track of if there are more, especially in a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.