5 Posts

The Shining» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Noar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, can someone please help to explain the rules for playing as the Overlook?
When moving phantoms and decoys, the tiles are face down, how do you know how many actions they have without letting the other players know which tokens they are?

Sorry if this was brought up before.

Also, has anyone tried with more than two players with everyone taking control of a different family member?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Nadelhaft
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You just have to peek at the counters to remind yourself when necessary! The idea was that an alert Torrence player could guess which ones are decoys and which ones are phantoms by observing how many actions they take, and that the Overlook player would confuse things by how they assign actions.

The game is imbalanced in the favor of the Torrence player, so feel free to add some house rules as you see fit to correct that. There is a major re-design for this game coming at some future date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Noar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that. I definitely want to try this out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos del Castillo
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if you had done any update on the game yet? Also what is the proper size to print the maps on?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Nadelhaft
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I haven't - the ideas I'd wanted to add to The Shining sucked me into doing a massive new haunted house game, instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.