Forbidden Desert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three questions i ask Matt Leacock(Game Designer) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Lee
msg tools
Q1:
[a][b][c]
So lets say there are two people on a blocked tile [a] and climber on unblocked tile [b] and the navigator is on [c] also unblocked. On the Navigators turn, he can move the climber 3 spaces for 1 action. So can he move the climber to the blocked tile [a] pick up a guy, move back to [b] drop off that guy and then move back to [a] essentially making both of those players now on unblocked tiles? all in 1 action of the navigator?

Yes. That's fine -- nothing prevents it.

Q2:
Can the Climber move through a tunnel even though one or both of the relevant tunnel tiles are blocked?

Yes. The Climber's rules allow him to break the rules for blocked tiles (whether they're normal tiles or tunnel tiles).

Q3:
Q. Can I use the climbers special ability (You may take 1 other player with you when you move) and a Jetpack (which does the same thing) to move 2 people at once?

No. The climber's ability doesn't affect the Jetpack card, only the move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Canner
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GanBaal wrote:
Q2:
Can the Climber move through a tunnel even though one or both of the relevant tunnel tiles are blocked?

Yes. The Climber's rules allow him to break the rules for blocked tiles (whether they're normal tiles or tunnel tiles).

Are you saying the above answers came from Matt Leacock? Because Matt previously gave a different interpretation for Q2:

mleacock wrote:
The Climber can move onto a blocked tunnel (that's his power) but he cannot use a blocked tunnel to move to another blocked tunnel. (Buried tunnels cannot be used for movement.) This follows the letter of the rules and is more thematic--he's not a spelunker or digger, he climbs.

Here is the link: Re: Buried tile question

I guess if this were official, it would make the game slightly easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.