United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Kashgar: Merchants of the Silk Road is available at a great price at Milan-Spiel compared to the only major alternatives I could find - the regular players don't have it in stock:

$58.79 @ Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Kosmos-Kashgar-Hndler-der-Seidenstrae/...

$39.95 @ GameSurplus
http://www.gamesurplus.com/product_info.php?products_id=2973

This is my first order from Milan-Spiele so I'm not yet sure of shipping costs or packaging quality but I couldn't pass this up!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Extreme West
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Other notables to help with shipping:

Onirim (2. Edition) EUR 3,28 (German but language independent, apparently may not have all 7 expansions the English 2nd edition has)

Jäger und Späher EUR 12,52 (German - Needs paste ups)

Istanbul: Mokka und Bakschisch EUR 15,38 (German & English)

Orléans: Weinberge (Promo) EUR 0,00 (Free vineyard promo for Orleans not sure if it is German only or both)

CV: Gossip (engl) EUR 6,39

Peloponnes EUR 28,24

Rattus: Cartus Nobilis (engl) EUR 14,12

Patchwork (engl) EUR 12,86

Glen More EUR 16,64 (German but only a few easy paste up's)

Everything says it includes VAT but when you finalize your order it does not subtract it out like Amazon.de does. Hopefuly, when they send the confirmation e-mail with the shipping costs, they will also remove the VAT. I got Kashgar and Jäger und Späher so it will we interesting to see how much more my shipping was with two items and the promo versus just your Kashgar.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is incredibly high from them. I bet after shipping Amazon.de will still be cheaper.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I've been itching to try out Jäger und Späher but haven't yet found a good translation to English in order to make an informed decision.

beaglestorm wrote:
Other notables to help with shipping:

Onirim (2. Edition) EUR 3,28 (German but language independent, apparently may not have all 7 expansions the English 2nd edition has)

Jäger und Späher EUR 12,52 (German - Needs paste ups)

Istanbul: Mokka und Bakschisch EUR 15,38 (German & English)

Orléans: Weinberge (Promo) EUR 0,00 (Free vineyard promo for Orleans not sure if it is German only or both)

CV: Gossip (engl) EUR 6,39

Peloponnes EUR 28,24

Rattus: Cartus Nobilis (engl) EUR 14,12

Patchwork (engl) EUR 12,86


Regarding VAT, Kashgar was listed as 11,90 € until I created an account and, I assume, the VAT was removed.

My order also included Uruk II (EUR 21,68), Uluru (Mitbringspiel) (EUR 5,55), and I'm trying to add Seidenstraße (EUR 17,65) so shipping will be interesting indeed.

beaglestorm wrote:

Everything says it includes VAT but when you finalize your order it does not subtract it out like Amazon.de does. Hopefuly, when they send the confirmation e-mail with the shipping costs, they will also remove the VAT. I got Kashgar and Jäger und Späher so it will we interesting to see how much more my shipping was with two items and the promo versus just your Kashgar.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Shipping from Amazon.de is already pretty high when purchased directly from Amazon.de and this title is currently only available through third-party sellers so I'm hopeful it'll be comparable due to the steep discount on the game itself. I'll update when the shipping quote actually comes through.

jschlickbernd wrote:
Shipping is incredibly high from them. I bet after shipping Amazon.de will still be cheaper.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
Shipping from Amazon.de is already pretty high when purchased directly from Amazon.de and this title is currently only available through third-party sellers so I'm hopeful it'll be comparable due to the steep discount on the game itself. I'll update when the shipping quote actually comes through.

jschlickbernd wrote:
Shipping is incredibly high from them. I bet after shipping Amazon.de will still be cheaper.


I've ordered from them a few times and found their shipping to be not bad, and if you combine up some things it's affordable. I think default shipping is 20 or 22 euro and goes up 2 euro per KG after I think it's 10 KG to the US, I'd have to dig up the original email explaining it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For comparison, when I placed an order with Amazon.de a few months ago I was able to reverse engineer their shipping charges to the US. It appeared to be 14 Euro + 3 Euro/kg.

So based on that, it looks like Amazon.de shipping would be cheaper as long as the total weight is less than 6 kg (or 8 kg, if milan-spiele starts at 22 Euro).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
beaglestorm wrote:

Orléans: Weinberge (Promo) EUR 0,00 (Free vineyard promo for Orleans not sure if it is German only or both)


I wish I had seen this before placing the order (and already following up to add to it once) but I did recently pick up that promo and Orléans: Neue Ortskarten N°1 through the Marketplace. IIRC, the postcard itself included English but the "tile" itself is German only.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Extreme West
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So no fantastic deal here but still comes out to a reasonable price.

Kashgar + Jager + Orleans Promo 54

same from Amazon.de is 50.50 with out the Orleans Promo. Also Amazon.de does not have Kashgar in stock so I am using it's last price before it went out of stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
beaglestorm wrote:
So no fantastic deal here but still comes out to a reasonable price.

Kashgar + Jager + Orleans Promo 54

same from Amazon.de is 50.50 with out the Orleans Promo. Also Amazon.de does not have Kashgar in stock so I am using it's last price before it went out of stock.


I still haven't received any communication since the initial order - nothing regarding shipping and nothing regarding the addition to my order.

Just checked my order on their site and it seems Seidenstraße was added to the order and now I'm just waiting on shipping. I'm hopeful that one of my items is just taking a bit longer to process.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cierra Edwards
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you received your package from them yet? I'm not sure how long it should take to ship from Germany...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Phaidorr wrote:
Have you received your package from them yet? I'm not sure how long it should take to ship from Germany...


Ugh, as best as I can tell from DHL shipment tracking my order hasn't even left Germany yet. I've sent DHL a message and they responded that there was a delay in their parcel center and referred me to the sender to "initiate a search inquiry". I forwarded that message on to Michael at Milan-Spiele just today and hope to hear back soon. (edit: heard back from Michael already that he has started a search inquiry. thumbsup)

At this point, this seems like a DHL issue rather than a Milan-Spiele issue (other than a lack of communication) but it has been a pretty rough ride so far. All of my relatively recent orders from Canada, Germany, Belgium, England, and the Netherlands have arrived in less than 2 weeks. This order was paid for and shipped on 8/14 but at this point I have no idea when or if I'll see it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cierra Edwards
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
Phaidorr wrote:
Have you received your package from them yet? I'm not sure how long it should take to ship from Germany...


Ugh, as best as I can tell from DHL shipment tracking my order hasn't even left Germany yet. I've sent DHL a message and they responded that there was a delay in their parcel center and referred me to the sender to "initiate a search inquiry". I forwarded that message on to Michael at Milan-Spiele just today and hope to hear back soon. (edit: heard back from Michael already that he has started a search inquiry. thumbsup)

At this point, this seems like a DHL issue rather than a Milan-Spiele issue (other than a lack of communication) but it has been a pretty rough ride so far. All of my relatively recent orders from Canada, Germany, Belgium, England, and the Netherlands have arrived in less than 2 weeks. This order was paid for and shipped on 8/14 but at this point I have no idea when or if I'll see it.


Yeah, DHL tracking is being less than helpful. My package says it "Will be transported to the destination country and there handed over to the delivery organization." It has said that since the 20th, and it originally shipped on the 13th I think. Hopefully it will eventually come.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaidorr wrote:
My package says it "Will be transported to the destination country and there handed over to the delivery organization."

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in international (and especially intercontinental) shipping. The receiving delivery organization often assigns a new tracking number to fit it in their system. Result is that the package tracking with the old number ends at the border and the customer never hears about the new number so he has no option to track it any further. However, the chances are still good to receive the package. Some day in the future...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My orders from Milan-Spiele tend to average 3-5 weeks to get to the midwest in the US here. Basically I treat it like a pre-order, order it, forget about it, shows up, celebrate, play, ???, profit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
Phaidorr wrote:
Have you received your package from them yet? I'm not sure how long it should take to ship from Germany...


Ugh, as best as I can tell from DHL shipment tracking my order hasn't even left Germany yet. I've sent DHL a message and they responded that there was a delay in their parcel center and referred me to the sender to "initiate a search inquiry". I forwarded that message on to Michael at Milan-Spiele just today and hope to hear back soon. (edit: heard back from Michael already that he has started a search inquiry. thumbsup)

At this point, this seems like a DHL issue rather than a Milan-Spiele issue (other than a lack of communication) but it has been a pretty rough ride so far. All of my relatively recent orders from Canada, Germany, Belgium, England, and the Netherlands have arrived in less than 2 weeks. This order was paid for and shipped on 8/14 but at this point I have no idea when or if I'll see it.


How much did you end up paying for shipping?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
jmayDET wrote:
How much did you end up paying for shipping?


For my 5 kg package the shipping was 32 EUR. It was a bit more than I had hoped, but still works out to be a pretty good deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cierra Edwards
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmayDET wrote:
DriverDown wrote:
Phaidorr wrote:
Have you received your package from them yet? I'm not sure how long it should take to ship from Germany...


Ugh, as best as I can tell from DHL shipment tracking my order hasn't even left Germany yet. I've sent DHL a message and they responded that there was a delay in their parcel center and referred me to the sender to "initiate a search inquiry". I forwarded that message on to Michael at Milan-Spiele just today and hope to hear back soon. (edit: heard back from Michael already that he has started a search inquiry. thumbsup)

At this point, this seems like a DHL issue rather than a Milan-Spiele issue (other than a lack of communication) but it has been a pretty rough ride so far. All of my relatively recent orders from Canada, Germany, Belgium, England, and the Netherlands have arrived in less than 2 weeks. This order was paid for and shipped on 8/14 but at this point I have no idea when or if I'll see it.


How much did you end up paying for shipping?


For Kashgar, Patchwork, and Glen More it was also about 32 EUR for shipping. So it ended up being about $80 for all three games, which was still a pretty good deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cierra Edwards
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joker9991 wrote:
My orders from Milan-Spiele tend to average 3-5 weeks to get to the midwest in the US here. Basically I treat it like a pre-order, order it, forget about it, shows up, celebrate, play, ???, profit.


Good to know, thanks! I'm fine with it taking a while, as long as it comes eventually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaidorr wrote:
joker9991 wrote:
My orders from Milan-Spiele tend to average 3-5 weeks to get to the midwest in the US here. Basically I treat it like a pre-order, order it, forget about it, shows up, celebrate, play, ???, profit.


Good to know, thanks! I'm fine with it taking a while, as long as it comes eventually.


Also I guess it should be noted you basically lose all forms of tracking once it leaves Germany/Europe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
joker9991 wrote:
Also I guess it should be noted you basically lose all forms of tracking once it leaves Germany/Europe.


As of yesterday, my shipment has now updated to "The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization." as well and now includes a "Domestic shipment number" which can be tracked via USPS tracking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Golling
United States
BOULDER CREEK
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got an email from Milan-Spiele saying "Your order from Sunday, 09 August 2015, the Order no. xxxxxx has not yet been sent, as far unfortunately no receipt was found in our account. Your order can be viewed at the following link: ... Please also let us know if you wish to cancel your order. "

The money was taken from my account on 8/12. I've emailed back but have yet to hear anything. I suspect these guys aren't too savvy with how internet orders should be processed.

First, they don't calculate shipping when you checkout. You pay them only for the game. Then, they email you an invoice with the game and the shipping a week later, so now you've paid twice for the game. A week after that they cancel and refund the first transaction (the game only). Today they said no receipt was found?!

It's been 3 weeks since I've ordered, this is getting ridiculous.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
joker9991 wrote:
Also I guess it should be noted you basically lose all forms of tracking once it leaves Germany/Europe.


As of yesterday, my shipment has now updated to "The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization." as well and now includes a "Domestic shipment number" which can be tracked via USPS tracking.


OH nice to know, they must have done some updating to their systems. Not that I will be ordering anything from Germany any time soon with the dump of games I just got this past week
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cierra Edwards
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My package came today, yay!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Phaidorr wrote:
My package came today, yay!


Mine arrived on 9/12 and the box looked like it had been through a war, but all four games were, amazingly, undamaged. thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.